Euro 2020 Archive Thread

A bit unfair on Scotland is it not?

I would say we are more like Bournemouth, we are just happy to be there and taking part in the competition, but we dont expect to win, but to to well it would make us happy.

England on the other hand though…

delusional grandeur, not very good at handling defeat, infact it can turn very bitter if they dont win,
cant quite put my finger on which EPL team they would be…

i am sure it will come to me :wink:

Austria would have been a pretty likable team if that prick didn’t ruin it with his racist antics. Nevertheless, Arnautovic will be key specially if Baumgartner isn’t fit. Italy barely broke a sweat topping their group but the presence (or absence) of Chiellini will be key.

2 Likes

Now that Russia are out, Italy lead the national anthem stakes.

Great stuff.

2 Likes

I imagine this will be an easy win in the end for Italy, but I would take an upset half with a goal or two to Austria before the break. Would make for a fun second half. But I can’t imagine I get to direct the game :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wembley seems less excited than Danny Murphy and that’s pretty hard.

1 Like

Is there any fans in the stadium?

1 Like

Quality shot. But Italy not at their best in general. They have not dominated Austria at all so far. Austria can be quite content as it stands now. But of course, Italy almost always finds a way. Or a couple of ways.

I just don’t understand why there is a delay flagging for offside. That last one was just ridiculous.

1 Like

I do wonder if Italy made a mistake with resting so many players in the final game.

Seems a bit like that first half against Turkey.

Bit boring

1 Like

I think Austria are playing for penalties.

2 Likes

Gary Lineker attempting to talk up a pretty awful first half.

Immobile’s shot really was the only highlight. If this was Liverpool Gary would be saying it’s lacklustre.

1 Like
4 Likes

How long is this free kick taking?

1 Like

Almost Alaba, that would have been a shock for Italy

2 Likes

@WooltonRed I suspect you may be right about that Austrian get to penalties strategy. Makes for a rather large sigh of a game when Italy can’t penetrate better. Because Austria is quite solid. And boring.

1 Like

1-0 Austria!! Now we might get a game

1 Like

Offside probably

1 Like

Offside???

1 Like