Euro 2020 Archive Thread

Italy through probably just about deserved it.

1 Like

Italy won’t get past Belgium, or Portugal for that matter.

1 Like

Excellent 30 minutes after a poor 90

5 Likes

Austria did really well. At least Italy showed some weaknesses

4 Likes

I am not so sure. They have been excellent prior to tonight and they have this nasty tendency to just do enough to win. I would not assess their chances based on this showing alone.

3 Likes

It’s hard to like Italian national football teams

3 Likes

These fucking Italians. Keeping us awake with their fucking noise.

If only Austria hadn’t had that goal ruled out by fucking VAR… urghhh…

3 Likes

It is not we know too well it is Atwell in the var room and Taylor officiating

2 Likes

I was referring to how it feels to have a goal ruled out by a marginal VAR decision, which do know too well.

1 Like

No I was not trying to correct you just playing with words too well Atwell sorry

1 Like

Interestingly I think this tournament is wide open

3 Likes

Salute to Austria, they fought well. Congrats to Italy, they deserved to win.

1 Like

Could not agree more. I posted a similar thought (about Italy football in general) when we played Napoli in CL a few seasons ago. I respect the talent that comes from Italy, but I don’t at all enjoy anything about the style of play or histrionics.

Agreed Matty. Completely agree I think it’s completely wide open.

I’m really interested in seeing how Netherlands play tomorrow. They’ve had a “free hit”, if you like, in the group stage and generally played wide open and marauding football, and seemed to be enjoying themselves and loose. The side having the most fun. I will be curious to see if they continue to play that way in the knockouts.

5 Likes

I think we lost a few millions on Neco Williams and Wilson after their display yesterday?

Because of one game? This is the real world - not a video game.

3 Likes

To be fair, I did not need VAR to see it was offside.

1 Like

I was being unfair to them when you come on as a sub it is very difficult to make an impact by the way I don’t play video games too old for that crap

1 Like

Normale I agree but I have no problem with this manager and team. They want to play football and I enjoyed the first 3 matches. This was a bad one but teams have the right to one bad match. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I think anyone with half a brain could see Wilson’s wasn’t a red card so I can’t see that effecting his sale.

Also I’m not sure teams buy based on one match anymore.

1 Like

Well, I must have less than half a brain then :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: because to me it was a clear red. He took a long sprint full of frustration due to the score and had no intention to play the ball.

I recon If it was Folden, or any other Manchester player instead of a Liverpool one a lot of people would have seen it for what it was, an excellent decision from that referee.