Euro 2020 Archive Thread

Wilson is actually doing relatively well in his defensive duties

2 Likes

Belotti just 27. Always liked him. Think he is very underrated and could make it anywhere.

Final group standing

1. Italy
2. Wales
3. Shaqiri
4. Turkey

4 Likes

Congrats to Wales. That’s well done a man down the last 60’.

2 Likes

Good to see Wales through, I expect Switzerland to go through looking at the list.

2 Likes

Can we sell Shaqiri now?

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

He could score a couple more yet and we’d definitely have bids.

We’ll done Wales!

1 Like

I did like how Hal Robson Kanu switched channels mid tournament

1 Like

My bet is Pebble Beach

1 Like

Congrats to Wales for finishing second in this group. To be fair, it was a weak one. Turkey especially were beyond hope in their two first games, which came as a surprise to everyone, probably including themselves. And Wales were a bit lucky to meet an already qualified Italy with a lot of changes in their team, compared to their starting eleven against Turkey and Switzerland.

Switzerland showed at good last some pride in their last game (something I didn’t expect anymore from them), and to be honest, Turkey gave them a game compared to their no-shows against Italy and Wales. Not sure that these four points will be enough for Switzerland to qualify for the next round, we’ll see.

1 Like

image vs image

Poland flopped at the 2018 World Cup despite people having reasonably high hopes of them. They will head into this game as favourites and will want to position themselves to finish above Sweden and behind Spain.

Slovakia does have a couple of good players, but that won’t be enough to take them past the group stage of the Euros.

1 Like

ESPN+ coverage of this is a multi-camera screen - less than half the screen being the game (shown from a camera angle behind the goal!) and two cameras looking at individual players.

No commentary.

Pretty terrible.

holy fuck. what a goal.

1 Like

that was fucking rediculous. I don’t even know if he meant to do that nutmeg but the keeper was napping at the near post

Keeper could have done better.

1 Like

even so, you have to give credit for the run and the attempt

Okay, missed this goal, but Norwegian tabloids rants about another amazing goal; so time to start watching !

Go Slovakia !

Goal Slovakia, crazy

1 Like