Euro 2020 Archive Thread

Two bookings and a goal already…

if Mane did that dribble, went through two defenders and beat the keeper short side, we’d be waxing lyrical.

1 Like

Speak for yourself. :joy:

1 Like

But if he didn’t say what he said above, he would be out of character. It is important that we keep our cynical old git :wink:

1 Like

it doesn’t help me, I had Poland as 2-0 on the predictor. shouldn’t have changed it from 2-1.

1 Like

I’ll always give credit where it’s due- look at the Scotland v Czech Republic thread, for example- but Mak’s goal was pure luck. Credit for making the run and having a go but the defending was shocking and Szczesny even worse.

1 Like

Nice shot. With a bit more dip, would at least have been a corner .

Come on Poland. You’re better than this.

1 Like

Yeah the commentary is working now which is at least something. Still horrendous camera angles though.

You are a fair man, I don’t think otherwise. But you are still one to deconstruct situations to find errors and you often focus on it from a relatively cynical pov, both in sports and in politics. That’s not bad, it is just you. Makes you more interesting to read tbh.

Poland have been really poor so far :cry:.

1 Like

Years of experience, mate.

3 Likes

I agree. All credit, Slovaks are taking it to them but Poland have been very poor.

2 Likes

Like Egil Olsen says on the Norwegian commentary, when Poland has the ball, they stand much to still and lack movements, making it much too easy for Slovakia. Too pedestrian, it is much more dangerous when Slovakia has the ball.

1 Like

I felt the same way during the Jan-Mar slump of our own club. lack of movement in the attacking third to create opportunities, and lack of finishing quality in the chances we did get.

1 Like

And the bottle is already settling in. They’re rushing and taking really dumb shots.

1 Like

When Slovakia attacks, they flow forward. Many movements all over the pitch. They may not have the best players, but they launch good attacks and it is easy on the eye. They really run a lot and also defensively in the press. I like what I have seen, they work hard, making it hard for Poland, who again doesn’t run enough.

Well deserved 1-0 to Slovakia I think.

2 Likes

Well said. I’m impressed by their tactics, their setup, and their effort.

Agree completely.

2 Likes

You’d think there’d be no way through those consonant defences

1 Like

This is going to be fun !
1-1 already in the first minute !
Was a brilliant Polish attack there.

1 Like