Euro 2020 Archive Thread

Just like that. Brand new match.

2 Likes

The Slovaks were slow back.

I’ll get mi coat.

2 Likes

Yeah, we can always focus on how the defence could have done better, but the movements there were truly good and it was a very hard attack to defend imo. But true, they were caught a bit unaware and were not fast enough.

1 Like

Too early to tell all in all, but Poland looks entirely different now. First half they had 0 shots on goal, now they have 2 already. Something has changed, and it is not just Slovakia being slow.

Edit: first corner of the game for Poland now.

I really have to stop rooting for any team.

Turkey, Switzerland, Macedonia, Ukraine, Croatia, Scotland…Poland only equalized just now.

1 Like

May it be that you simply just bring bad luck ?

clearly a fan of the underdog

2 Likes

True that.

quiet tim and eric GIF

1 Like

Last summer in Bratislava I did my usual thing of giving an ironically large tip for really slow Slovak service. I might be overthinking this.

3 Likes

That’s shit. Come on ref.

3 Likes

That’s ridiculous

3 Likes

10 man ! Second yellow ! Poland running the game, then this happens.

Too strict I think for a yellow there as he does not seem to do it on actual purpose. Disagree with the ref there, but he is on the pitch and not me. His angle was different, may have looked malicious to the ref.

Edit: Definitely looked malicious to the ref, he was blowing his whistle incredibly hard and loud there. A wrong decision though, and imo, VAR should have looked at it and helped him.

1 Like

Yeah, I think after some good referring, the quality has somewhat dropped in the last two games.

1 Like

4 disciplinary points against their name already. Might make Poland struggle in direct comparison with other third placed teams at the end of the day when calculating the best four of the six.

Good finish by Skriniar. Took that like a centre forward.

2 Likes

Notice the angle of the ref though. I have no real complaints about any ref in this competition here, even though I think this was the wrong call. But sometimes, due to the nature of play, as the ball gets moved fast around, the ref will be in an imperfect position; which makes even the best of referees make faulty decisions from time to time.

1 Like

Yeah. I like Skriniar. That was quality.

2 Likes

Brilliant ! Those are not that easy to get down.
Shame about the 10 man, but good goal.

1 Like

Egil Olsen thinks that Poland has the capacity to get back in this as long as Slovakia doesn’t get another goal, since they have so much better movement and flow of play this half. Maybe he is right

1 Like

How long before one of the commentators refers to Slovakia as “potential dark horses” for the tournament? :thinking:

2 Likes