Euro 2020 Archive Thread

In Sports media, that should almost be a sackable offence !

2 Likes

Maybe it was the wrong call but Krychowiak should’ve thought twice before doing it with yellow card already in his pocket. He did it in Lokomotiv too. Good player but sometimes he loses the plot.

3 Likes

The main issue for both of these teams is that none of them will think a draw is acceptable given their difficult group. Spain super favorite to win the group and Sweden isn’t so easy to meet at all. Is Sweden better than Poland and Slovakia ? Maybe, we’ll see. But they are certainly not much inferior.

1 Like

This is far from a vintage Spanish side. Group is wide open.

1 Like

Yeah I’d be careful. In Slovak there’s no difference between ‘dark horse’ and ‘black stud’, there could be a misunderstanding.

How will they factor in 3rd place teams? Is it goal difference?

1 Like

Poland has just given up. Didn’t they have a super-duper player called Lewandowski?

Tbh, not sure so will have to google, but Norwegian commentators seems to think that this is a group where you probably won’t go through as third from what I am hearing, while they seem to think that in Italy’s group, 3 teams will go through (which is unfortunate I think, since it may mean Turkey will sneak through).

1 Like

They do, they just don’t have anyone to get him the ball at the moment. No service whatsoever.

3 Likes

to a degree, strikers are only as good as their supply line. in the case of Poland, they lack a playmaker who can feed him the ball into space.

3 Likes

Zielinski has been anonymous. Very disappointing performance from him.

2 Likes

Points>GD>GS>#wins>lower disciplinary points> UEFA ranking

3 Likes

I know, I know.

But I think he lacks movement as well. Making it easy for the Slovaks.

1 Like

Lewy has to bury that.

3 Likes

And Bednarek has to bury that.

2 Likes

That’s a nightmare to see that go inches wide. What a chance.

2 Likes

Great chance to level it.

2 Likes

I remember we were linked to him at one point.

1 Like

Yeah, the same year we were linked to Mahmoud Dahoud.

1 Like

two good misses, IMO.

1 Like