Euro 2020 Archive Thread

They were showing last on the BEEB website for a few minutes for some reason.

2 Likes

Denmark in second place now :+1:

2 Likes

And Belgium for another one. Lukaku just scored

2 Likes

“I’ll hit the brakes, they’ll fly right by.” - Maehle aka Maverick

This is so cool

2 Likes

Delighted for Denmark :denmark:

1 Like

Amazing atmosphere now

1 Like

Two teams went for a win tonight and both teams are winning.

2 Likes

Poor Finland.

2 Likes

I still don’t like Kasper Schmeichel or Højbjerg though.

1 Like

Denmark is this year’s Iceland?

It was raining goals for a while.

1 Like

Well then or Wales will make the Quarters

1 Like

Belgium 9
Denmark 3 GD +1
Finland 3 GD -2
Russia 3 GD -5

Copa time :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Happy for Denmark after all what happened. They showed a great team spirit and fight.

Well done

4 Likes

Late to the party but I just wanted to reassure you that, no, that’s not it.

:wink:

1 Like

Well, that’s ruined my plans for Saturday.

1 Like

I honestly don’t really like the new format of Euro that took place in 2016. I prefer the good old 16 teams format.
But probably this is a better way to show why Denmark deserve a chance and why Russia should be ashamed for what kind of torture called “football” they produce. Gutted but not surprised but nobody is actually surprised here.

Pretty sure that Denmark, if they play against a well drilled team, may get smashed because they have a lot of passion, but actually if they are pressed, they don’t know what to do with the ball. Even, oh gosh, Russia managed to derail them for the first 30 mins. But at least someone who actually tries to play football reap the rewards.

1 Like

Out of those 4 teams I’m glad it’s them two that went through to be fair.

That Finland team is shocking though I don’t blame them saying that the amount of times they went down with head injuries against Denmark was a bit annoying especially after all that had happened.

image vs image

Italy vs Switzerland predicted lineups: Latest team news, squads and injury updates for Euros fixture

Italy can book their place in the last-16 of the Euro 2020 when they take on Switzerland in their second group game.

The Italians were impressive in beating Turkey 3-0 on the tournament’s opening night, while Switzerland drew 1-1 with Wales the following day.

Roberto Mancini is likely to go with a full-strength lineup again, with victory potentially giving him chance to rotate in the final game against Wales.

Italy could make one enforced change with right-back Alessandro Florenzi doubtful with a calf injury.

Here is how we predict the two sides will shape up…

Italy vs Switzerland predicted lineups

Italy predicted XI: Donnarumma; Di Lorenzo, Bonucci, Acerbi, Spinazzola; Barella, Jorginho, Locatelli; Berardi, Immobile, Insigne

Switzerland predicted XI: Sommer; Elvedi, Schär, Akanji; Mbabu, Zakaria, Xhaka, Rodríguez; Shaqiri; Embolo, Seferović

Squads

Italy

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Donnarumma, Alex Meret, Salvatore Sirigu

Defenders: Francesco Acerbi, Alessandro Bastoni, Leonardo Bonucci, Giorgio Chiellini, Giovanni Di Lorenzo, Emerson, Alessandro Florenzi, Leonardo Spinazzola, Rafael Toloi

Midfielders: Nicolo Barella, Bryan Cristante, Jorginho, Manuel Locatelli, Lorenzo Pellegrini, Stefano Sensi, Marco Verratti

Forwards: Andrea Belotti, Domenico Berardi, Federico Bernardeschi, Federico Chiesa, Ciro Immobile, Lorenzo Insigne, Giacomo Raspadori

Switzerland

Goalkeepers: Yann Sommer, Gregor Kobel, Yvon Mvogo

Defenders: Fabian Schar, Ricardo Rodriguez, Manuel Akanji, Nico Elvedi, Jordan Lotomba, Becir Omeragic, Silvan Widmer, Loris Benito, Kevin Mbabu, Eray Comert

Midfielders: Granit Xhaka, Xherdan Shaqiri, Steven Zuber, Denis Zakaria, Remo Freuler, Edimilson Fernandes, Djibril Sow

Forwards: Haris Seferovic, Admir Mehmedi, Breel Embolo, Mario Gavranovic, Ruben Vargas, Christian Fassnacht