Euro 2020 Archive Thread

The Swiss had to travel 3500km for this game. But more concerning would be their finishing. They will not get so many chances like they had against Wales, so hopefully they will be more clinical.

Indeed, and will have to do the same again in order to play their third game. Not very lucky (or fair), that…

Anyway, I doubt that it will make a lot of difference. Italy are strong atm, while Switzerland are very ordinary overall. They couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn door even if their lives depended upon it and also, Schär is a complete liability at the back these days. 4-0.

A car-bomb has been disarmed by Italian police outside the stadium in Roma !!!
Or at Piazza Mancini, which is quite close to the stadium they say.

1 Like

Switzerland flew in a hairdresser, they turned quite blonde. Not sure it helps though

2 Likes

Has there ever been a time when Giorgio Chiellini wasn’t a starting CB for Italy? Turns 37 in August. Must be something in the olives.

1 Like

I love him as a player. He is a gladiator.

1 Like

At least they’ll have more fun, surely.

1 Like

More on the car bomb. It was in the car of politician Marco Doria and contained bolts and gunpowder. Probably an attempted mafia assassination then I suppose.

Italy will probably bang in 6-7 goals :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Italy’s hymn is a good one, and the players really enjoyed singing it! :+1:

2 Likes

Yawn… Zzzzz :sleeping:

The ball is sending up rooster tail (it looks wet), was it raining or did Italians just really water the pitch?

Italy :it: 1-0 . Var checking for handball. And disallowed.

Swiss Cheese :joy:

So easy for Italy…

No goal, handball

1 Like

No goal, but it’s only a matter of time anyway.

1 Like

Chiellini off with hamstring injury.

1 Like