Euro 2020 Archive Thread

Shaq isn’t doing himself or LFC any favours. He’s in the shop window and looks like he’d rather not be.

4 Likes

Excellent goal. Italy just carved them open.

3 Likes

Italy ahead this time it counts, Locatelli.

1 Like

that was shocking defensively.

1-0 for the only proper football team in this group, and it’s the first of many.

Bellissimo goal

2 Likes

I remember traveling Switzerland for the first time and seeing Shaqiri play as a young man for Basel. Thought to myself, “damn, that kid is good. he’ll do well”. a decade later, he’s definitely declined. Lack of match sharpness due to riding the bench too long.

1 Like

Wow. Beradi just made Rodriguez look like a tool on that goal. Lots of focus on not picking up the runner in the middle, but ultimately the FB just couldnt live with the guy running at him,

Ricardo Rodriguez. another player who looked good in his younger years and promptly declined in quality

I like this style of football Italy are now playing.

2 Likes

Agreed. So much better than that tedious catenaccio rubbish.

4 Likes

He’s actually not nearly as old as I assumed he was

Amazing how easy this tournament has looked for quick wingers. Running in literal straight lines and absolutely burning players - yet you rarely see that work in the club game.

2 Likes

Wales are playing good football. And Italy won’t have it as easy against them.

3 Likes

Wales will beat Italy, 1-0. Big Neco. Stick a tenner on it, it’s done.

1 Like

I don’t see a way back for Switzerland barring divine intervention or a real Italian fumble.

1 Like

We’ll see. Wales impressed me only in terms of fighting spirit until now, and they’ll have to travel too. Italy will likely be too much for them.

Only the one shot on target that half between the two teams.

Wasn’t impressed with Berardi last game…

Doing a bit better today! Fair dues. This Italian team is fun to watch.

Who’s that clean shaven Irish chap on the ITV panel?