Euro 2020 Archive Thread

Dunno I don’t think the Russian team has much quality.

A draw is still possible with some luck. Finland has defended okay, and they also get 2-3 chances. Sometimes you score on those even though you may not be a world shaker of the football world.
Still a competitive game this.

Like now, very good football from Finland. Just the final pass missing. Pukki was truly good there.

Pukki is a good striker, but only as good as your supply line most of the time. he’s done well at Norwich

1 Like

Reminds me of us this in that shit period, the Russians that is.

1 Like

He is a bit like Dirk Küyt, works extremely hard, opens space for his fellow players; but is not a very prolific goal scorer. Still, he is the kind of player most teams needs on their team to open up the opposition. I like him.

Finland looks tired now. They have worked very hard, running about a lot to defend. Their intensity is a bit down now. Still, a goal for them is possible also now. And maybe Russia doesn’t score another.

Dunno if Russia are quick enough to counter.

As I said that they did but it was about as quick as an oil tanker turning.

1 Like

Great save !

Finland has taken over the play. Surprising but very interesting. Leads likely to dangerous Russian counters unfortunately, but very positive game this.

I wish this guy would fuck off the pitch he’s down more than submarine.

Probably the last chance for Finland to get 3 points but is it down to results or GD?

1 Like
  • while the four best third-placed teams will also qualify*

• if two teams are level on points they will be separated by goal difference. However, if two teams happen to finish on the same points and goal difference it will be head-to-head between the two sides that will separate the teams.*
    Source: Some newspaper article I googled for you.

Edit: A draw would in all probability be enough for Finland, but it is then not 100% certain.

1 Like

I assume Denmark won’t beat Belgium but who knows. Russia vs Denmark is 50/50 on what I’ve seen.

Then again it is in Copenhagen.

1 Like

Denmark vs Russia is an open game, but on paper, Denmark is a better team and would usually win that game.
Denmark beating Belgium is a very tough ask though, but football is football and sometimes it can happen.

A point wouldn’t be the worst result for Denmark.

1 Like

Yeah, essentially over now. Congratulations to Russians, a well deserved victory.

Finland played a decent game though (for them). On another day, maybe they would have scored. It is now 109 years since Finland beat Russia in football.

Finland is so dire, they make Russia look good. I think there were 3-4 decent players out there today, both team combined. Congratulations Russia. :+1: :clap:

1 Like

Do you watch domestic football in Bangladesh ?
Stabs, twists knife, and stabs again

and here I was, thinking that you are my friend. :roll_eyes: :sob:

1 Like