Euro 2024 - Reiseziel Deutschland

Luckily for Southgate if plan A doesn’t work he can always fall back on Plan A.
:upside_down_face:

7 Likes

On a Sunday

2 Likes

5 Likes

Worst game I’ve watched in a long time

1 Like

Quite remarkable how crap England have consistently been in their opening games at the Euros over the years.

1 Like

German pundits trying to wrap their heads around Southgate’s tactics is kinda funny

4 Likes

What tactics… Kick, rush and run

1 Like

After reading the comments Im guessing my assessment of the remainder of the game after the goal was correct.

If England win the Euros big IF it will be in despite of Southgate not because of him.

1 Like

You could say the same about Stojković’s tactics, too! I can only imagine the opposition’s analysts… “Boss, we watched their last ten games and, erm, we can’t decipher their formation, preferred style, strengths or weaknesses. They just… Exist. Pavlović is a beast, though, he doesn’t care about the formation or the position, he just won’t let anyone go past him.” It pains me to say it but any half-decent side should put three past this Serbian team.

3 Likes

England aren’t winning the Euros

3 Likes

Not a chance I agree.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with an ugly win in first game.

1 Like

Great for insomnia. How a team of such talent play so poorly is a crime. Can Klopp take over?

1 Like

Probably the XI most people would have put out given the injuries, which says something for the preparation that not only do I doubt they’ve ever played together, most of the key partnerships had no games together before. It makes even more of a mockery of the pointless to friendlies to end up in a tournament game and having to introduce the players who are going to play to each other.

2 Likes

https://x.com/KubaBielamowicz/status/1802402621652676923

1 Like

England were underwhelming and yet got the three points. It’s hard to know if Serbia will give the other teams problems.

I expect England to improve as the tourney goes, but not to have enough against the best sides. I think England are less than the sum of their parts and that will hurt them, semi final looks to be the ceiling.

Still, you never say never. Let’s see how it shapes up. Slow start, three points. Could be a heck of a lot worse.

They looked absolutely shattered on 60. That doesn’t bode well for the rest of the tournament.

1 Like
3 Likes

Not familiar with that one.

My favorites are Highland, Wicked Weed, and Sierra Nevada…in that order.

Do you live nearby?

Watched the England game and have come to the conclusion that Hendo did the headbutt celebration with Jude to convince him to sign for RM, so that Jude could do the wolf celebration with Trent to convince him to sign for RM. Wolf crew unite.