Ex-player: Divock ORIGI

Solid ITK information there - did Divock tell you all this?

I donā€™t think we would stand in Divā€™s way if a deal presented itself. But if it is only a loan that is offered to him, it might get tetchy.

However, Jota and Minamino should see us through.

Not sure if we will want both Div and Brewster to leave, but we might.

In several news outlets like Echo and all over Twitter.

Did say ā€œapparentlyā€!

2 Likes

While contributing absolutely nothing at any other part of the game.

He is a strange cookie

3 Likes

Well apart from 1 assist and forced the keeper into error leading to another, so 1 goal and 2 assists. :upside_down_face:

But, like. Hear me out.

Scoring goals is the game.

2 Likes

Yup.

But itā€™s like playing with 10 men a lot of the time. And then he wins you the CL trophy.

bizarre

1 Like

He is always going to be a legend here

Everton
Barca
Champions league final
Plus a premier league winners medal.

The bloke is a Legend.

But having said that if he wants to forge a career for himself where he starts week in week out he needs to leave. He can do a job week in week out at a Europa league level club.

The only other thing to add is he might be happy with the role he has at the club?

3 Likes

I feel sometimes we are too smart for our own good. We had (rumoured) a Ā£25 millions offer for Divock Origi last summer. Now we would be lucky to get Ā£20 millions for him.

What is too smart about refusing to sell a player who was our first reserve for the forwards last year coming of a season in which he scored numerous key goals in big games? His status has changed for this year and so weā€™d seemingly now listen to comparable offers, but for a variety of reason we might expect those offers to be a little lower than we received last year.

7 Likes

So stiff, Divock.

A bit disappointed we didnā€™t get anything from our 3 seniors coming on last night. Gomez struggled a bit in his zone, conceding some spaces/challenges (Holdingā€™s header as well). But especially the other two. Origi gets, what, half an hour in a game where Harry Wilson has to a full game play midfield. What does he do? Absolutely nothing. No quality, but even more than that, no signs of life.

Iā€™m sorry, but a few big goals is not enough for me to warm to this guy. Iā€™ll always remember them, but cult hero? Nah, not for me. Liked him initially as a transfer and he was good for us in spells in 2016 and 2017. That was also a long time ago in football. I think heā€™ll stay now, but hopefully next summer we can completely move on from all these players and continue more down the Minamino and especially Jota route.

2 Likes

While Origi has scored some very important goals, he has always been a bit part player. He was the first reserve simply because there was no one else.

Yes, so why would we have accepted those offers for him last year then?

Now we would be venturing into the realm of could have, should have.

Iā€™m tipping in that direction as well.

It seems every game he has is worse than the last one. He then gains massive credit through some goal but the overall trend still appears downward.

Shame really

1 Like

Ryan Babel :exploding_head:

Definitely talented but so obviously lacking in drive.

When you look at how Milner plays, you can sense Divock is just not that into the game. As if he is just waiting for his wonder moment.

He made my 21 year old son cry like a big barca fan girl,i shall always love Origi for that.

11 Likes

Iā€™m glad we have got Jota in as yes Origi doesnā€™t suit our play.
However Iā€™m also happy to keep him (In absence of a late healthy bid) as an additional late game option. I really donā€™t think we can forget just how many important goals he has scored and I think as a potential 20min cameo off the bench or throw of the dice Iā€™m happy to keep big vock for another season.

2 Likes