Ex-player: Divock ORIGI

Woeful again, his attitude is really poor. No fight in him.

yeah. Iā€™ve come to expect performances of this ilk from him now.

That seems to be his level.

1 Like

Maybe Origi is just too laid back for his own goodā€¦

1 Like

Standard Origi performance last night, half arsed running, poor touch, dreadful distribution. He looked like the player who went on loan after loan a few years back.
How long does he get a ā€œpassā€ based on the Barca heroics?

1 Like

Iā€™ll admit that every time I saw his name on the team sheet last season it was met with a sigh.

That hasnā€™t changed. The only difference now is that any hope of him having a good game is gone with me. Iā€™ve come to expect this now. Thatā€™s not right

1 Like

Wished he started on the left, but seeing how the game evolved, thought we shouldā€™ve put him centrally earlier. Still, didnā€™t help him. Lost the ball too easily.

1 Like

I just look at him vā€™s Jota (I give Taki 6 months more to adapt to English football) and the effort and ā€œclickingā€ is just there.

Itā€™s a crying shame, not sure what happened to him but he really did have the world at his feet a few years ago.

2 Likes

Is not having regular games what causing such regular meh performances? If thatā€™s the scenario he should definitely look to move on, as guaranteed spot is not what heā€™s aspiring to by looks of it and how Jota is knocking at the door and cameos may not be for his best anymore.

You earn more regular games by doing more when you do get the opportunity. I donā€™t see the fuss anyway. 2016 and 2017 is a long time ago in football. Itā€™s not like he was a world beater then, either. But yeah, he looked promising. No big deal if heā€™s falling down the pecking order now with Jota taking over as our 4th best forward and someone who will likely earn serious game time in his first season. We ā€œonlyā€ have to sell Origi in the best possible way and thatā€™s it.

4 Likes

I really struggle with Divock. Heā€™s played his part in a number of important games over the years. The Dortmund game, smashing the blue shite again and again, Barca, CL final. Itā€™s what you want from your backup striker. Heā€™s definitely achieved cult hero status. But its always waning now.

The problem is he just doesnā€™t fit in our system, falling behind Taki and Jota. No doubt, it must be hard for him to turn up and be shown up every day by three world class strikers in your team and not really get any match time.

He will likely go in January or next summer, hopefully for a sizeable fee. At the right club, with the right manager, there is no reason he wonā€™t be effective.

1 Like

Kloppā€™s insistence to deploy him at LWF is to me worsening his performances. He is just not any good there, but that begs the question whether he could be significantly better anywhere else. Alas, my point is therefore merely academic.

Itā€™s the position he is least likely to stink the place up in our 433 though. If we switch to 4231 he can do a so so job as the 1 but Iā€™d say heā€™d be 3rd or 4th choice for the role behind Salah, Jota and May be Firmino or Mane even too. And compared to the others he wouldnā€™t exactly shine then either.

1 Like

This is probably correct, but I cannot for one moment imagine Klopp thinks this way.

Im a big believer in everyones strong points also being weaknesses in other contexts; so for Klopp his penchant for training over transfers, is in the context of Origi, largely misplaced. I would ship him out, along with Taki, and look to reinvest in a proper 9, to supplement our emerging 4-2-3-1 formation, and keep the opponents guessing.

I seem to be one of the only ones who sees Salah as not just a ā€œproper 9ā€ but actually better there than as a RF. Certainly goal scoring rate. Klopp has tried to close the door on Origi a couple of times. He wonā€™t say anything bad publicly but think itā€™s clear that Origi is way down in Klopps view of what/who can be useful.

Salah is good anywhere you play him up top, he is world class. He does lack the frame to lead the line though, and was thinking more of an Ibra or Lewandowski type. Origi being the only person at the club that loosely fits that profile.

Itā€™s a pity, but Origi has never been the same since he was injured by the dirty blueshite funes mori.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s where his best performances have come from though.

Iā€™m not sure, he is even more of a liability when playing no.9. At least out wide left he canā€™t impact on the right side that much, being central means a lot of promising moves breakdown as he canā€™t provide the link.

1 Like

Using the word best really does belie the fact there have been few acceptable performances even out there, and implies, rightly, that he ā€˜could do betterā€™.

Probably correct under our current set up, but I dont think in any way we play in a style that could maximise Origiā€™s strengths.

2 Likes

Thats a fair point, but considering our success with how we play, Iā€™d say that itā€™s to his detrement heā€™s not evolved his game to be more like Mane or Salahā€¦ He could never do what Bobby does.

Itā€™s similar to Harry Wilson, a good player, just doesnā€™t fit how we play and unfortunately thats where it ends.

1 Like