Ex-player: Divock ORIGI

Probably could do with the game time will be interesting if he gets it mind

1 Like

I thought Origi did well today. Showed some hunger, put himself about a bit, showed for the ball, scored a lovely goal - great skill, lovely control on the turn, neat finish.

Itā€™s the enigma that is Origi. I might be getting lulled in again, but when I see this stuff I want him to stay and do a job as a high level back up.

Howeverā€¦.

Now that we are numerous cycles into it, we know that he will revert to disaffected jogging around at some point. Heā€™s a big tease!

Newcastle Ā£50M.

4 Likes

Good goal.

Looks like after a good year of practically nothing, living on the credit of some past cult goals, he got himself leaner and fitter again. I donā€™t know, weā€™re talking about really details here.

Perhaps he just knows that the AFCON is arriving, heā€™ll have to play more and then hopefully we can all find a place for him next summer.

He starts next game for me

The Divock of the old is coming back. Whenever he played this season he looked hungry, active, and offered himself as option.

I hope he plays in both the NT games. He is in form, Belgium lacks the regular forwards, and they need one point from games against Estonia and Wales; not a tall order for the the big guy.

1 Like

Heā€™s got a long way to go to justify his position in the squad for me but his little performances so far this season are certainly chipping away at it. Good for him, and I hope he continues to step up.

3 Likes

Loving his goals and a bit more effort than weā€™ve seen since the CL final. Almost want him to stay as a back up for awhile as we have a situation were probably at least one starting forward will leave in the summer and need replacing, possibly even two! Thatā€™s going to be a lot of change and incomings already this summer in that area of the pitch. Not convinced we will see 1/2 starting level forwards and a back up forward. But that might be whatā€™s required. The cynic in me is wondering if Origi is just playing for his option on his contract till be triggered, apparently its performance related, and if not triggered think his contract ends in the summer? If it is for that will his motivation continue or will he fade off again after his last extension? Maybe some half decent club will see his recent efforts and goals and come in this Jan with an offer LFC canā€™t refuse and Origi accepts though? Thereā€™s talent around that could come here in January meaning we have less to do in the summer which could be best for all involved.

Give him games he will score goals. Not really suited to our style but can do a job.

1 Like

What a waste. Hes got everything - height, finishing, decent pace, strength. If only he had a better work ethic.

He has that too. He just lost the hunger after we won the PL.

Iā€™d say after his contract extension following the CL final. Which is why Iā€™m a little concerned with cynical now with his up turn in effort coinciding with another contract renewal window.

Another great finish. Such a frustrating player.

Starting for Belgium tonight :partying_face: :clap:

And now limping off :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I can reveal that the observer is none other than Gert Verhayen, former Belgian youth coach.

I could also be that observer

One really might be a bit of a stretch. Maybe one ā€œwell placed to give an opinionā€ would be more accurate!

1 Like

He raises a few good points and Iā€™m not surprised to hear that.

1 Like