Ex-player: Divock ORIGI

Yes, that’s fair - he does tend to work the goalkeeper. As you say, it’s the other areas of his game that haven’t improved.

2 Likes

The goal he scored v Everton in the league cup was beautiful. Pulled the pass down over his shoulder, one touch and chipped it over T Tex.

1 Like

It was a thing of beauty that unfortunately serves to highlight more the rarity of the those moments for him… He clearly has amazing talent, but has only shown it in brief flashes.

2 Likes

Bound to score tonight.

That wasn’t the league cup. It was the premier league.

1 Like

Quite a big difference between “his shots are actually sharp and decent from those angles from the left channel” and “one of the world’s best finishers”.

Lijnders may be a top coach, but that was a minute of crap motivating.

:joy:

2 Likes

That’s right. I don’t know why I thought it was a cup match, maybe it was midweek.

Either way, what a beautiful goal from Big Div.

Crazy that six goals happened in the first half.

Pep knows best.

2 Likes

Origi is an enigma wrapped inside a mystery cloaked in inscrutability.
He can be so unbelievably ineffective, but always seems to score goals at the right moment. Not only that, his goals are rarely run of the mill. They are often in unusual circumstances, or in some way remarkable. Today’s was no exception.
I’m in the ‘get rid’ faction, but he does sometimes put a smile on our faces :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Told you he had a good finish on him, my description above described his game quite well.

1 Like

For a moment there I thought you were describing Ronaldo

1 Like

I told ya.

It was, I was there. The long pass was from the much maligned Lovren as well.

1 Like

Zlatanesque. :slight_smile:

How much for one of the world’s best finishers?

2 Likes

500K a week to sit on the bench! :rofl:

5 Likes

Just classic Div, really.

Cruises around for the majority of the match, just doing his thing, then out of nowhere a moment of brilliance. :joy::man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Divock Origi.

League Cup record for #LFC

15 games
11 goals.

3 Likes

:clap: :muscle:

3 Likes