Ex-player: Jordan HENDERSON

That’s the point though, after football what next? I mean , he could have maybe looked at management and learnt from Jürgen in some sort of capacity…but now he’ll maybe have to learn from Gerrard? :joy:

Form is temporary, class is permanent…quote most are aware of etc …those two have not shown class at all , and hopefully will never be back at Anfield in any capacity.

3 Likes

Hmmm, I don’t see too much difference between someone who doesn’t actively support LGBTQ+ causes and someone who says they do but then moves to SA. They both basically aren’t too bothered about it.

Person 1: ‘I support the death penalty’
Person 2: ‘I despise the death penalty’ then takes a job as executioner. Both support the death penalty.

Are we in a position to call hypocrisy? 95% of the forumites are talking about bleeding Saudi dry next summer when we sell Salah. We are suddenly ok to take oil money in order to further ourselves?

I am not taking a defence of Henderson BTW. I am stating that it seems a bit dirty to allow a ‘legend’ status on one player but not another even when they both follow the same path to Saudi Arabia. Yes Henderson is a hypocrite, and his article doesn’t even remotely sway anyone’s opinion on that, but even hypocrites can be ‘legends’…I find that term way overused anyway. You won’t catch me dead calling Carra a legend for instance.

2 Likes

I saw he tweeted, in English, something innocuous like “good win today, now looking forward to seeing the England boys” but he also tweeted in Arabic and instead of being the same message it was a tweet declaring how great the kingdom is and a bunch of PR lines.

Fuck off Henderson you sell out rat.

4 Likes

I will not get into the social issues, but this is one interview hendo should not have given. His PR folks have let him down here

2 Likes

Well for a start millions of Muslims make a pilgrimage there every year. It’s not as much of a holy site for supposed LGBTQ+ advocates.

Secondly, Mo hopefully won’t make an excruciating video where he pretends it’s not about the money.

I could go on…

2 Likes

Didn’t know this.

He can fuck off all he wants. If he wants to come to Anfield, he deserves to get booed.

As does Gerrard for that matter too. If it was up to me , the club should disengage themselves from all things Gerrard

1 Like

Conveniently released prior to the England games coming up.

Henderson.
Gerrard.
Firmino.
Fabinho.

All massive shit houses.
Hope that twat Henderson gets deservedly massively abused at Hampden next week

Don’t mind about firmino , Fabinho moving on to Saudi all that much. They are end of the day looking for their best pay days.

1 Like

Yeah fair enough.
Firmino only earned £48 million in his last 5 years :roll_eyes:

They didn’t put themselves on the pedestal of championing for LGBTQ rights

No one is the bad guy in their own story. That leads people to give themselves an excuse for the shitty things they’ve done, resulting in a narrative for themselves that is incoherent- arguments that dont stand up to 5 seconds of scrutiny by themselves, or contradict each other when put together. That is exactly how Hendo sounds in all of this.

At home he was an advocate for a cause, but apparently advocacy does nothing and the way to make real change is to take a repressive regime’s money and stop all your advocacy.

It’s not about the money. It’s about the challenge. But also I’m doing this for my family?

This is all just so Incredibly disappointing.

5 Likes

Ideals being for sale.

Ideals in football… slippery slope.

2 Likes

It’s easy to be a LGBTQ+ ‘advocate’ in the UK anyway. Not sure why he got so much credit for it. It provided him with more plaudits and popularity than abuse.

Much harder to really believe in unpopular causes and put your head above the parapet, and to have integrity in decision making even at personal cost

1 Like

You’re right. Translation below:

Arabic:
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the hospitality of the hosts, the enthusiasm of the fans, the exciting league and the irreplaceable sense of victory.

English:
Great win, looking forward to meeting up with the boys now :england:

I’m moving from feeling let down by him to seeing his as a proper scum bag

4 Likes

All the best for your exciting new project.

Nur noch peinlich der Typ.

1 Like

As weak as his performances last season.

1 Like

Is that true?

I’m guessing that unless he has learnt Arabic really quickly that he hasn’t got a clue what he has written. In fact I doubt he is even responsible for his social media now.

Having read the interview he comes across as having buyer’s remorse but the actual interview in its totality is an absolute car crash.

2 Likes

Henderson is responsible for what goes out on his social media, whether he personally tweets it or not.

4 Likes