Ex-player: Jordan HENDERSON

Is that a particularly milky brew?

:joy:

I suspect he puts the milk in first too

1 Like

Slothinho?

I donā€™t think itā€™s necessarily either being an automatic starter or having a Milner role.

Hendoā€™s been here for 12 years. Also the type of character he is, I bet he knows nobody can guarantee him starting games all the time.

We had a shit season, heā€™s also had a certain individual drop, everyone knew weā€™d make midfield signings.

Itā€™s a combination of factors on both sides which is leading to this.

Alternative explanation ā€“ media buzz is all generated from the Saudi side.

We will know when they start to remove his pictures everywhereā€¦

Donā€™t see a reason to belittle or demean his time here. Gave everything he had season after season. Far more talented players havenā€™t achieved nearly as much as he has simply because they couldnā€™t or wouldnā€™t match his willingness to give everything.

Heā€™s made a decision that he only has to justify to himself. A decision none of us know we wouldnā€™t also take if we were in his shoes. Itā€™s undeniably a step away from the upper echelons of the game but half the fan base didnā€™t think he could cut it at the top in his prime, let alone in the twilight years of his career. Hell, thereā€™s plenty who would have driven him to wherever his next club was just to see him out the door. Now they sit in judgement of his decision.

As with all players, they have my support when theyā€™re here and when theyā€™re gone theyā€™re gone and we move forward. Itā€™s a sad end to his career here. But he gave the club 12 years outstanding service. Fought his way through the rough years and led us to some amazing nights. Nothing but thanks and admiration for his time here. Where he goes next and why isnā€™t going to change that for me. The time was right even if some believe the destination and reasons are wrong.

Thanks for it all Jordan.

19 Likes

Iā€™m glad someone has said this, and it echoes my own thoughts on the matter. We may not like the choice heā€™s made, but letā€™s not belittle the contribution heā€™s made, imagine in terms of silverware won heā€™s our most successful captain in decades?

A little sad it ended like this, Hendo, but thanks for the memories.

10 Likes

shame he has gone. But we need to rebuild.
Good luck Hendo

3 Likes

It feels like he is sneaking out. He should instead have got a proper send off in a full Anfield showing its appreciation and adulation. One of the best captains in LFCā€™s history, he gave everything for the club.

Shame that he decided to end it by making such a controversial move. Maybe, some years down the line, heā€™ll come to regret it, doubtful as it may seem.

3 Likes

He was a fantastic captain and did a lot for the club on and off the pitch. That said, this was great business. Completes the rebuild of the midfield with a clean break, saves Jordan the indignity of being a bench captain, and nets us a bit of cash.

Hope he has good luck in whatever he does from here.

8 Likes

was very surprsied when we signed him,
specially at the fee we paid

but we got out moneyā€™s worth out of him,
seems to have been a great guy on and off the pitch,

the perfect pro and an example to all the younger members at LFC,

so i wish him good luck in Saudi Arabia.

only 1 negative thing i will say is,
i wonder how his body will fair playing in Saudi Arabia temperatures,
in football years he aint a young man anymore.

Thanks for the memories ā€¦

4 Likes

Great Captain
Great Player.
Winner.

Thanks for it all

3 Likes

ā€¦ now go fuck yourself, you sportswashing cunt.

3 Likes

Supported him from day one. Never had doubts about him and was sure he will be an important player under Klopp.

The profile picture Iā€™m using since the TIA days is proof for that.

Legend. Great captain. Will never forget.

But now he sold his soul.

Wish him and his family all the best on a personal level.

But couldnā€™t care less if he has a career ending injury at the weekend.

3 Likes

I am incredibly grateful, and equally disappointed.

13 Likes

Cringeworthy video, clearly read from autocue.
Glad heā€™s finally managed to get financial security for his family though :roll_eyes:

The quote that sums it all up.
Well said.

1 Like

Long past getting sentimental about this sort of stuff, didnā€™t watch any of Bobbyā€™s and I wonā€™t indulge in this either.

Glad heā€™s gone, he wasnā€™t good enough at football any longer and that is all a player is good for. Once thatā€™s gone it is time for them to go.

3 Likes