Ex-player: Marko Grujic

Just signed for Porto for a reported £10.5m and 10% sell-on clause.

Confirmation from the club:

5 Likes

Don’t understand this one.

Should have been a good fit. We always seem to draw Porto so be I retesting to see how he does against us in the future.

Good luck

1 Like

Odd that Portuguese outlets are reporting it as a loan with an option. Wonder if there’s some creative accounting going on here or whether someone has the wrong end of the stick. Journos our side seem convinced it’s permanent.

Best of luck to him. Always thought he looked like a fundamentally solid footballer, hopefully he can do well for Porto.

3 Likes

The report is from the official LFC site, so I can’t see how it might represent journalistic spin.

2 Likes

The Grujic of 2021 would probably be good enough to be a first-teamer in the Liverpool 2016 midfield, when he signed, but unfortunately for him he just got left behind as we improved under Klopp at a faster rate than he did.

Good luck to him in the future, and we’ll always have that clip of him losing his mind at Hendo’s goal :joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E77xOngg3E

5 Likes

Good luck Marko.

You always want every signing to be a success at the club, shame when it doesn’t work out . Best of luck to him at Porto.

1 Like

That’s why it’s odd.

2 Likes

We are maxed out on our overseas quota so needed to sell before we can bring more in. Grujic always impressed me when I saw him play but he was clearly never going to become a first teamer. Decent price and I’m just pleased we haven’t messed about too much and got the deal done early.

3 Likes

Meh, I always thought he looked slow and a tad bit reckless. Not that he had a huge amount of opportunities, but I wouldn’t say he particularly shone in any of those he did get. Happy he’s got a move to a good club anyway, needs to be playing regularly now at his age and who knows what level he’ll eventually get to.

Good luck Marko hope you have a successful career ahead of you.

2 Likes

Good luck, Marko, all the best! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Good luck to him. One of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen at the club but hope he can go on to have a decent career.

1 Like

The best possible outcome for all the parties involved. Liverpool gets a decent sum for a player we don’t need. Porto gets the player they want for a decent sum. Grujic can finally settle down.

Good luck, Marko :+1:

3 Likes

Didn’t get his chance and can’t blame anyone for that. We were stocked up in midfield. Always liked him. Had the physique and technique to be a box to box midfielder. His aerial prowess is underrated in my opinion. Good luck to the lad.

Really? I’d class Degen, Itandje or Konchesky into that category. I never saw anything from Grujic which made me think that. He wasn’t fast enough for our current midfield I think, and the overall quality was maybe lacking, but the consistent success he experienced with Hertha, and then with Porto, makes me think that he’s anything but such a bad player.

5 Likes

Degen had a great game against Tottenham in a 2-0 win at home. Far more than the other two you named achieved!

1 Like

Grujic is definitely a bit better than some are making out but he was never good enough for us, and the clamouring for him to be involved properly after that league cup game was a bit odd IMO.

Too slow and ill-disciplined for this Liverpool side, ultimately not enough to his game. Probably won’t look out of place playing at the top of the Portuguese league but neither will he stand out.

2 Likes

Probably sums up rather well what I thought about him. Always wanted him to kick on from his loans and come back and dominate the Premier League, but it seems like he hasn’t really developed enough to do so.