Ex-player: Naby KEITA

It’s a woman who said Naby assaulted her, and no one here has said anything about the veracity of the claim. But don’t let that get in the way of your constant condescending tone towards fellow posters

2 Likes

What you on about, brilliant injury record that, totally solid and robust, and importantly always available player.

Oh I don’t let just about everyone have that, only the ones who like being abusive to our players, often based on flimsy “evidence”, if any at all.

My apologies if you think that was a dig at you, I was making the statement about social media in general, but feel free to read into it whatever you prefer.

If it’s true I’d rather the club have cut him loose. But did that claim lead to any investigation?

Think the club gave up on him and decided to not give him a new contract after his Injury after the Community Shield.

And he probably gave up on the club in the moment we did not nominate him for our CL squad.

1 Like

I think his mate going to Bayern gave him ideas…
Going for free would be a no-brainer to them eh…
Yet who knows for certain what will happen, not me for one

If its the one from a couple of years ago then it was some person on twitter who had a story with multiple holes in it that were pretty easy to pick up on, including something odd about his ability to speak English. If I remember rightly “she” (who knows if anonymous twitter accounts are actually the women they claim to be) quoted him using some language that would seem unnatural to a non-native speaker. Then she claimed she had reported it to the police and had done a rape kit but was told that Keita was untouchable and they didn’t want to follow up. Then she posted a picture of the ‘rape kit’ - with the crime number covered up - and it was a police evidence bag used for drug possession, not sexual assault. It was also an image that had been taken from google because someone found it on a reverse image search.

Since then I haven’t seen any new allegations against him.

Edit: Having looked it up again I got a couple of these details wrong, eg she didnt say she was raped she said he tried to touch her and she told him no then hid in a toilet waiting for a taxi to get her. She did provide a picture of a police evidence bag and the crime number was definitely covered up so it couldnt be researched by anyone. There were a lot of strange details, such as her showing a text message conversation with her “mum” where she tells her she was sexually assaulted and her mum replies by asking if wants Chinese food when she gets home etc. Its easily found if you look it up, no mainstream newspapers ran with it which probably tells you something - Cristiano Ronaldo wasnt able to keep his sexual assault claims quiet, why Naby Keita would be able to exert a greater control over the media than him is a riddle you have to solve before finding any of these creditable.

4 Likes

Think that’s speculation? As far as I’m aware, Jürgen said that neither Oxlade-Chamberlain nor Keïta were expected back before the World Cup, otherwise they would have been nominated for the squad. Pretty sure he was lamenting it in the pre-match press conference against Ajax.

It is odd though, because in either the Leeds or Napoli pre-match press conference, he re-iterated what he said prior to that, which is that Keïta needs a “pre-season” type of conditioning to get back to match fitness, which is presumably what we were doing with Arthur as well, and why Oxlade-Chamberlain took a couple of weeks after returning to training to actually get back to playing (and that was with the context that we needed an extra body, otherwise we might well have left him untouched for longer just to protect his recovery).

Thing was when he was out for Man Utd he looked really annoyed Klopp like he had been told too many lies.

I suppose the same effect could have resulted from someone who was pencilled in to start dropping out at the last minute, in the context of there already having been many other injuries to our players, particularly those playing in the same position.

“generally adapt to the new country,”
he joined us in 2018,if it takes him that long to adapt to a new country he can fuck right off.

1 Like

Poor lickle thing. His mate’s gone left him all alone and that’s bound to have an impact on your ability to get on a football pitch whether you’re doing it for fun or being payed 150 K a week.

1 Like

I had huge hopes and expectations from him. Accepted that he wouldn’t be that, but was still alright with most of his performances. He is our only “in between” midfielder in terms of age. But I have to be honest I don’t think he deserves a new deal and it’s probably best for all that he finds a new solution next summer.

1 Like

Please no positivity here.

Repeat after me:
Naby is a serial rapist.
He is happy to be injured although he is not really injured.
He can’t play football because he misses Mane
Klopp hates him

:clap:

1 Like

I think this is all getting a bit silly now. Some real histrionic shit going on in this thread.

The facts are these. Naby has been frustratingly unavailable during his time here. It isn’t his fault he is injury prone, and judging by the sight of him punching the pitch last season when he knew he couldn’t continue, I think he’s also frustrated as well.

There is absolutely no need to boot the boot into him personally, because his body is letting him down. If you weren’t able to work because of illness, you wouldn’t appreciate people on the internet calling you a lazy cunt on 1% of the information.

I think we’re all resigned to him leaving now, perhaps in January for a few, or in the summer on a Bosman.

Any rumours about fall outs and bust ups and other dark gossip should be ignored. It’s likely bullshit, and if it is true we won’t know anything about it anyway.

1 Like

You missed out trousering hundreds of thousands per week to sit around raping people.

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t think the club will look at it in terms of “deserve”, but in terms of whether we can find better alternatives for the cash outlay. If we’re being honest with ourselves, a new 5 year contract for £150k per week amounts to, £75m, which is quite little to find someone of his quality and pay them for the length of their contracts.

We’re not in a particularly good bargaining position there, but neither is he.

The same thoughts that the club will have will also be there at any club that might want him, which doesn’t leave him many options, particularly if he’s looking for a larger contract and/or an up-front signing fee.

For me, there’s too much uncertainty around the club’s thinking, especially since the noise over the summer was that we were offering him a new contract.

EDIT: fixed awkward typo.

Some posts in this thread are shameful, its not like he chooses to be injured, he is probably as frustrated as we all are; its out of his control.

1 Like

Yeah, I can add. I don’t think he deserves it and I don’t think it makes financial sense for us either.

1 Like

Apparently a possible for Soton, so I guess he wasn’t injured.

I don’t think he deserves it either , but if you could guarantee that he’d be available for , say , thirty games a season then I think it does make financial sense. At the end of the day , he’s still a very good player.

1 Like