Ex-player: Naby KEITA

Doubt it, they’ll more likely than not just move on to a new scapegoat.

Looking at twitter after games I think we aren’t in short supply unfortunately

Better to sell while we can, should still be able to get 15-20m for him which we could probably put to use on some more loan signings.

No club will pay that for a injury prone player with a few months left on contract.

1 Like

Have been lucky in the summer to get that, now it would be almost impossible and you couldn’t really sell him because he was mostly crocked for it.

We paid 25m for an injury prone 30 year old with 6 months left….

We also paid 35m for an injury prone Arsenal reject with 6 months left on his deal.

Cut our losses. Don’t offer him a new contract and let him leave next summer.

Whats his longest run of games? Probably no more than five games before he picks up an injury. It’s not good enough and I don’t see his injury record improving.

If the club offer him a new contract they are too sentimental and the squad planning is not good enough.

1 Like

I really can’t imagine that we are still offering him a new contract

Pay as you play contract. :grinning:

1 Like

Cartainly seems that way.

Come February, Keita will be back in the team, have an amazing 6 game spell where he helps to break down low block teams, scores a beauty, a couple of assists, and has the most interceptions.

And then he’ll be out with a “small injury” with an unknown time frame before his contract runs down.

Another Harry Kewell/ Fabio Aurelio/ Daniel Sturridge situation.

4 Likes

Also Vladimir Smicer

1 Like

How many games did he actually miss through injury last season?

8 games approx.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure/convinced he should get a new deal anyway.

Perhaps it’s best for him to find a new solution from January onwards to next summer and we slowly move a few of those out like him and Ox.

Especially with the ages of Hendo, but also Millie and slowly Fabinho, we’ll need a bit of fresh blood (and something different to the likes of Elliott, Jones, Carvalho, etc.).

3 Likes

That was us… Willing to overpay for injured talent.

Not too many clubs are willing to pay that type of premium now when the non-English clubs can sign him on a precontract in Jan when the window opens.

In the PL, which club would want him that could afford him? And will he even be match fit?

Called up for the Guinea squad? WTF?

How??

National teams reserve the right to make their own medical judgements. They’ll play him on one leg if they have to.

Idk why but I’ve a feeling he’s being frozen out not actually injured. Think theirs an issue between him, agent and Jürgen.

4 Likes

Frozen out in a midfield crisis?