Ex-player: Neco WILLIAMS

He really improved a lot last night. Hope it continues.

3 Likes

Ball manipulation in tight spaces was really good.

Improving with each game.

I must be seeing a different match. I love the kid his desire, his never-giving-up mentality but I find his handling of the ball and passing often poor, donā€™t think he is a good enough footballer to ever become a regular for us.

2 Likes

The ceiling of it is a different topic, but in that game I think he handled really well in a lot of tight spaces situations.

Heā€™s already a good backup option however I have the same feeling as you he wonā€™t pass that ā€˜labelā€™.

1 Like

Sorry Zoran but what is that?
Is it like coaxing the ball? :wink:

1 Like

We could compare him to the options on the other side but I do think we forget that he is still 20 years old, itā€™s a very young age to make concrete judgements about him.

Do I think he is there, not in the slightest, do I think he could get there or potentially adapt? Of course I think he has improved slightly from some of the mistakes he made previously.

Tsimkas is 5 years older on the left side. You also have to remember who is our current right back and how good he is generally.

If he understands his role is backup and that it is aim to get into a position to challenge then great, itā€™s if he switches off and thinks he had made it.

1 Like

Heā€™s looked much better in his few appearances this season - Preston, Porto and Milan were all good performances as well as the assist against Watford.

Looks a bit more capable physically, a bit more aggressive and a bit more confident. Only a small sample size but some encouraging signs.

5 Likes

He seems more consistent. Before Iā€™d watch him and think ā€˜heā€™s not doing too wellā€™ (just pretty average) then heā€™d put in a bout of real decent football. Now his percentage of real decent football is a lot higher and he looks good.

Heā€™s been doing really well for Wales lately. They play him as a full on wing back though. His attacking play has been excellent. Scored a couple too.

3 Likes

Yeah I think he has been better this season in the games Iā€™ve seen of him.

1 Like

Nah, I think he means rubbing it with sandpapā€¦

Oh, maybe not - forget about me.

3 Likes

Cricket :thinking:

1 Like

Could he really be on his way out? Not in squad today.

Or COVID? Iā€™m assuming if either he or Alexander-Arnold have it, we wouldnā€™t want to risk the other at all.

1 Like

Club confirmed Trent is in isolation but no information about Neco.

Had a real positive impact. Hope we find a way to keep him happy, would still love to see him get some game time in the wide attacking positions, especially during AFCON, better option than Minamino possibly?

1 Like

After his first half against Leicester Iā€™m predicting that we will never see him as a wide attacker for us again.

His national coach can use him there in friendlies against Andorra to make him look like a young Bale.

Yeah thatā€™s fair. Make a career long decision about a 20 year old in the first 45 minutes at that level and against a really good side when he wasnā€™t even that awful?

1 Like