Ex-player: Neco WILLIAMS

I think Mitro would be a good lower P/L level striker.

Not good enough for any of the big boys, but but him in any team upto Palace and I think as long as the defence isn’t as shite as what he’s had at Fulham and he will score enough goals to keep you in the Prem.

If he keeps playing well Fulham might buy him end of season.

20m and they have a deal… Wanted to say 30 but that would be being greedy.

Another assist today.

3 Likes

As a club developed talent I’d still love him to have a long term future with us.

6 games so far, full games except a ten minute rest on one. 7 goals conceded but 4 of them were City so only 3 in the other 5. 2 assists.

2 Likes

If we wish to keep hold of him I’d be happy to have him at Fulham again next season.

1 Like

He has just hit the bar from almost the halfway line. Safe to say that Fulham spell is doing wonders to his self-confidence!

6 Likes

and market value :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I think we have room in the squad for a club developed youngster to be second choice RB, emergency LB and an option on both wings when chips are down.

So very close!

7 Likes

Honestly, the best bit of that clip came before the footage started. The 4 on 3 break, being led by the RB, started because of the superb first touch Neco took on the edge of his box that immediately turned a defensive situation into a counter.

2 Likes

Never understood the problem people had with this kid. He’s a hugely talented young player, who happened to find the best right back in the world (who himself is only 21) playing ahead of him.

3 Likes

Same. His performances for Wales have been a real eye opener.

My concerns have been purely based on how he fits with us tactically. Ability wise, no issue.

2 Likes

Retrain him into a midfielder or a right sided CM.

He’ll find a pathway to Liverpool’s first team easier

I’d play him mezzala-trequartista.

Bloody football hipster. :joy:

1 Like

Yeah I think this highlights his ‘problem’. He’s not really versatile in terms of positions he’ll be considered a starter, the right back spot is the only one - in normal circumstances.

So, how long is he interested in sticking around and get like 10 starts pr season? If that’s something he’ll be happy doing for a couple more years that’s obviously great for the club.

1 Like

Another season on loan at Fulham (in the PL level) won’t be a bad step for him.

Trent has sort of evolved his game play this season as a inverted full back of sorts. Allowing the likes of Henderson etc to go to the deep for link ups with Salah.

Whether Neco can do the same at Fulham remains to be seen. He’s got a good cross in him and has an eye for goal and his passing range is very very good. I don’t think his defensive skills are upto scratch but Trent was a work in progress as well at that age and has improved over time. I think Neco’s marginally quicker than Trent though which might allow him to go into more advanced areas and still track back and not get overrun in the defensive responsibilites

If he proves himself at Fulham both this season and hopefully the next as well exceeding expectations. We might need to improvise a game style which allows both him and trent playing in the same side. Might mean that one of the two plays in midfield.

1 Like

Neco wont want to stay here without significant guarenteed playing time, and we will probably not want to keep loaning him out if a fair offer comes in for him.

3 Likes

This is what I’m guessing as well. If he’s happy to be backup for a while, great for us in one sense. But it could be this time at Fulham gives him the taste of regular first team football, and he’ll want to keep doing that. And also, if he keeps doing well there, it’ll be a good time to sell him this summer.

2 Likes