Ex-player: Neco WILLIAMS

Don’t think so, TAA is not the fastest in our defense but he is faster than Williams from what I have seen.

3 Likes

There is absolutely fuck all wrong with Neco Williams. He’s a proper quality, developing, talented young-prospect! He’s 19 and could already start for multiple PL teams. He’s good enough that he’s breaking through, on merit, at the best side in the league. Our expectations as fans must be extremely off kilter to expect better from a back up full back full stop let alone a 19 year old, club developed, one who is just at the beginning of his development and only going to get better. If we still had Johnson or Clyne as our starting RB maybe we would appreciate Neco more? Unfortunately for him we have, quite possibly the very best RB in the world. Certainly the best “playmaking” RB by a clear distance who is sometimes underrated defensively. So in comparison Neco stands poorly. But so would Trent when he was first breaking through compared to Trent now. What’s really ironic is many still don’t even seem to fully appreciate Alexander-Arnold so what chance does Williams have?

4 Likes

That’s a bit harsh mate.

1 Like

I think he needs a name change to be appreciated more maybe Necinho would do the trick.

2 Likes

Haha thanks for the proof reading skills!

2 Likes

Skills???,not much proof i can read or write tbh.

2 Likes

You got lucky kid, make the most of it :sunglasses:

He’s still very young and a bit daft but will learn,nothing to overly worry about.

6 Likes

Long way to go yet and he may yet come good but it’s quality on the ball that has me worried for his long term future here.

2 Likes

I’ll go the other way. I have never though he had a long term future here. What he did look like he had the potential to do was to spend 3-4 years being a reliable enough back up at his boyhood club before being moved on to play more regularly at a club more at his level. My concern is that this season he has not been at that level, and that is a problem because he needs to be used NOW.

7 Likes

He needs Henderson in midfield to help and to pass the ball to.

1 Like

Still meh from me when I see him play, doesn’t do a lot wrong but technically, he doesn’t really show much, either too many touches or just doesn’t know how to beat a press.

1 Like

Until Trent is back we are just going have to accept it, haven’t got the midfield to stick Hendo there.

Does seem one in one out

1 Like

Unfortunate on the Milner injury otherwise he’d be my choice at RB, Neco still has time on his side but as for now, I’m not really seeing much.

2 Likes

Stupid penalty in different ways. Firstly even the decision to go to the ground, but also the foot he used. We’ve seen tons of penalties like this, when the defender uses the foot which is closer to the player. If you’re not “100%” sure to win the ball + if that player is not in such a dangerous position, don’t do it. Nothing wrong in saying that. We don’t have to attack the lad on his social media accounts. Praise him when he plays well or does some things well in a performance (and those are mostly offensive qualities, which is understandable with him being young and an ex winger). But today was another weak day both for the team and for him. I was a bit worried for our right side today with him close to Nat and there you go, it’s what we have at the moment and we have to play with it.

4 Likes

Alphonso Davies of Bayern is 5months older than Nico…
So I suppose that is the present day yardstick we have to use for comparison…
The fact remains though… we don’t have Davies to put in the side at our hour of need…!!
We have Nico…!
We know what we will be getting when Nico plays… Luckily for us… So does Jurgen…!!
He is 19… The Jury is still out… Patience is required…

3 Likes

Better performance, better protection around him as well. Also had arguably the best touch of the game. The positive thing about him is that he keeps going after a mistake or a bad game.

7 Likes

Excellent. Someone mentioned deleting twitter account probably showed his lack of mental strength. Performances on the pitch matter more, and am glad he got that part sorted atleast today. Hope he can continue this going forward.

10 Likes

Yeah he had a very good game, glad for him.

4 Likes

Solid performance from the kid, long may it continue.

4 Likes