Ex-player: Neco WILLIAMS

One of the best players on the pitch tonight, Klopp said he had a chat with him so I’m delighted for the kid. Well done Neco ignore the haters.

8 Likes

Buckled-up and put in a shift. What a lad. Respect.

7 Likes

Can’t believe that people were writing him off after a couple of games. He is 19 . Let that sink in. The same people were probably still playing subbuteo at that age.

2 Likes

I thought he did well tonight. It looks like he’s developing really quickly to me.

1 Like

Agree with Macca in the BT commentary that Neco playing in a more settled experienced team in yesterday’s match helps a lot.

We’re in full blown defensive surgery at the moment, with every game a seemingly new keeper/back line combo. Would be difficult for an experienced but new player like Tsimikas to come into the team right away, let alone a kid in football terms.

He’s a talent, and yet who knows where he’ll be in 5 years time. Maybe championship level, maybe League 2, or maybe still in the top tier. All possibilities are open yet. But for the moment, he is a Liverpool player by right, and there will be ups and downs. That’s normal.

2 Likes

More assured last night, I think the team is also adapting to the way he plays, having Hendo and the two experienced pros at the back in Fabinho and Matip helps him alot.

1 Like
4 Likes

Is there a part 2 with the lovely ball he played when the clip stopped.

1 Like

Rebecca Williams at Sky reported Southampton submitted a formal bid to LFC today for Neco but the club rejected. No details on £££.

4 Likes

Didn’t make sense to me, certainly not as Taki going there. From all parties; Southampton’s, Neco’s, Liverpool’s.

1 Like

Meanwhile, Southampton’s French right-back Yan Valery, 21, has joined Championship side Birmingham on loan.

I think it would have been a good move for Neco but I guess Klopp thinks he needs a backup other than Milner.

It would’ve been completely mental if Klopp allowed a genuine defensive backup option to leave on loan. Even if Neco isn’t fully ready, we know he is capable of filling in if say, TAA gets a red and a three match ban.

2 Likes

Neco can step up, he may struggle at times but he has shown more recently that he is getting there.

As you said with our defensive issues, TAA probably would have gone down, remember he has already been out for a month.

1 Like

If we could play a consistent defence of Van Dijk + Gomez/Matip, I think Neco would have got more time.

6 Likes

Is he a regular for Wales??? Hope he plays in all three games. He needs those minutes to stay sharp.

3 Likes

Neco came in as substitute in last night’s friendly against Mexico. Apparently he played on the left flank rather than his customary right.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s not the first time he’s doing a job for Wales at LWB.

Think it would be a great idea to train Neco to be 3rd choice LB and Kostas to be 3rd choice RB.

1 Like

Clyne used to swap some times and I think Flanagan did also.

2 Likes

Played at left back again against Czech Republic. Remember he struggled when Jürgen played him there against City last season. Could be an option if we need.

3 Likes