Ex-player: Rhian BREWSTER

In fairness the 17 year old is looking like he’s moving to Bayern Munich so he’s not exactly so random kid.

He’s been brewsterly bad this year.

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

1 Like

I feel bad we got 24m from S. Utd for Brewster. I guess we should give them back a million or two…for Jebbison?

2 Likes

Really odd this situation. It seems that time, situation and opportunity have all passed him by. That he isn’t starting and SU are not trying to maximise on his on field ability is bizarre. By not playing him and “showing him off in his best light”, they are basically writing off the fee they payed for him. The only thing I can think of is there might be a contract thing, concerning him and/or LFC, which is linked to money/sell on and based on if he starts/scores (or doesn’t) x number of games/goals or what ever…

He is sort of like Woodburn and Solanki in that he is a bit one dimensional. He trades on being able to “score goals” and not that much more (hard to do if not being played). In producing these type of players it suggests a bit of a disconnect from how the 1st team is set up and the development system in providing options/competition for it.

Unused sub as Sheffield lost 0-4 :man_facepalming:

Poor guy just couldn’t catch a break.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/02/rhian-brewster-suffers-season-ending-injury-in-latest-post-liverpool-setback/

1 Like

Funny the hype around him being a special player was pretty big.

Turns out he’ll just been a championship / league 1 player at best

He’s a lazy little fuker :grinning:

Read he is injured and out for the rest of the season.

Yes it’s literally 3 posts above yours…

2 Likes

Seems kinda harsh on a lad who’s just suffered a season ending injury

1 Like

At Liverpool he was like this.

What makes you think Klopp would put a 17 year old on the bench frequently if he was lazy?

1 Like

Klopp often praised his finishing but I’m sure he mentioned about working for the team also. He spent a lot of time on bench in championship too.

I thought the issue was not so much his work rate but his understanding of how to link up with other players and make the runs or movements that Klopp coaches the players to follow?

2 Likes

That is a statement about what he needs to do to grow as a player beyond being a penalty box goal scorer. It was not a statement on his work ethic. I guarantee you, a player of that age and inexperience does not get rewarded with the first team exposure and opportunities he got if he had a questionable work ethic.

3 Likes

If we are honest most of the times he made the bench it was because of injuries to the better players.

There was a veiled threat from the lads camp that if he wasn’t given good opportunities to play after he recovered from his bad injury… he would NOT want to sign a contract extension with us… So maybe there was a compromise reached on this point and he was awarded more chances because of it

Brewster wasn’t lazy at all.

The truth is he was never as talented as Sancho or Foden, the other English players who did well in those u19 teams or whatever it was, so he was over-hyped in that sense, but he’s also had some terrible luck. The ankle injury cost him about 16 months of development and he’s never quite been the same since.

5 Likes

Respectfully, that’s bollocks.

2 Likes