Ex-player: Rhian BREWSTER

Something went horribly wrong there. Anyone (that’s not City or PSG) who spends 20+ million on a player wants him to be a regular, more so if you are fighting for your dear/PL life.

At least he isn’t injured.

2 Likes

There was a some crying, waling and gnashing of teeth when we sold him. :joy:

2 Likes

So, how many minutes have he clocked??? The lad must be itching to be in his elements, in the Championship.

1 Like

Solanke found it a bit easier in the championship, more like his level.

1 Like

If Wilder wanted him so badly, then why wouldn’t he use him? :thinking:.

1 Like

I agree. It’s an odd situation, and a bit complex. Rhian didn’t at all play well but I was also surprised by how he was utilized. And very strange given the amount of money paid. Wilder seemed to get fixated on a particular player and only that player would do. As the article says.

As an aside, Brewster is another example of why I don’t get too excited about signing highly rated youth from other clubs academies. They dominate their youth-age groups then later struggle playing against men.

Last window it was Gordon, Scanlon, Bajcetic. Pardon the expression but it’s simply more grist for the mill. Wake me when they’ve played any meaningful senior minutes.

1 Like

Maybe Wilder was related to the agent…!
Stranger things have come to light in the past…
Hippopotamus Head and Hippopotamus Head Junior were embroiled in some scandal a few years back

3 Likes

Joe Royle?
Steve Bruce?
Sam Allardyce?
Harry Maguire?

I’m going for Bruce, based on context, but there’s been a good few hippo heads knocking about the Prem!

1 Like

Think it was Allardici who could manage Real Madrid wasn’t it?

2 Likes

Zero goals and back in the Championship.

:joy:

Why the laughter

Always thought he was well behaved and respectful, his only crime being he didn’t make it at the very top level?

6 Likes

I think the bad injury he picked up at 17 or 18 years old robbed him of the extra bit of pace he had, much harder to excel moving at same speed as everyone else.

He’ll hit a few purple patches in his career, although possibly in championship. Solanke doing fairly well in championship right now, and I expect Brewster can surpass Solanke.

3 Likes

And even that is premature to say as he has just turned 21 (Happy Birthday by the way), has hardly played and the way Wilder used him was nonsensical. Similar to Rodgers’ cluelessness when it came to Firmino but far worse. He might as well as have burnt the money they spent to get him.

3 Likes

Was Brewster really a Wilders signing? His other forwards are kinda burly while Brewster is rather streamlined.

Apparently he really fought hard for him and was adamant he was needed.

1 Like

I just got a feeling he thought he’s better than Sheffield United. Might be completely wrong. I don’t think he’s humble enough. Wish him all the best for his future career.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what the Sheikh said. It can be true, but I find it puzzling that Wilder wouldn’t use the player of his choice even when his survival was at stake. Clocking just about 1000 mins, which is same as Takumi Minamino.

If he had a string of games and played badly, it would have been understandable.

2 Likes

Maybe Brewster will get some games now.

1 Like

Brewster is in some shit. A 17 year-old is preferred over him.

2 Likes

The 17 year old scored.

Getting 24m for Brewster, Edwards’ finest hour?

2 Likes