Ex-player: Rhian BREWSTER

Ok, thanks. Contemplating opening a new thread, “Best of the loaned“, might be very short thread.

All the best to him.

Conspiracy theory for you.

Is the reason he didn’t play more often that he simply wasn’t good enough to break into the squad?

No because we simply don’t play with a ‘classic’ #9 - otherwise we could have kept Ings too.

Edit: Have to add that compared to Brewster Ings would have suited our style more because of his workrate etc.

3 Likes

Fair point but do you not think if either had been better Klopp would have compromised his tactics a little?

I mean he worked with what he had at the club with Firmino.

But then again had either Brewster or Ings been fit during those early days perhaps things would have been different.

2 Likes

Best of luck to rhian

I always liked what I saw.

2 Likes

Firstly Ings wasn’t and isn’t good enough.
Secondly realistically you can only carry a maximum of 1 player defensively these days and ours is Salah. So us playing and out and out CF would essentially mean dropping Salah (which would be a bit crazy).
We could now with Mané, Jota and AOC (if fit) switching to a 4231 so that Firmino remains in the team.
Even so when we do play with a CF (eg 4411 or 4231) invariably Salah gets the CF position even though he’s useless at it (I presume it’s due to the counter attack angle).
To be honest I haven’t seen enough of Brewster to say however I think he’s good enough for the premier league. It will be interesting to see how he gets on at SU he’s seems to be ambitious and determined enough.

yeah.

I’m not questioning the decision at all I just think its fascinating to look back at the decisions made by Klopp and understand / debate the factors behind them. In no way do I disagree with them. the decision making by the club since he arrived has been exemplary but looking back does give us some insight I feel.

1 Like

Good luck to Brewster. The right decision, for everyone… but we are still allowed a few regrets or what ifs, as we had hopes for the lad.

He still might come back, but my best guess is he will go on to have a solid Prem level career, just a small step below our level.

1 Like

Or it might be that in games he has played as a striker he has the best scoring rate in premier league history or something? I mean they’re only nearly all from open play compared to the others near the top of the list who took their teams penalties and sometimes direct free kicks too but shucks.

1 Like

What are you on about?
Did you even read what was written?
I haven’ a clue what the stats are for when we play an out and out striker. We don’t play many minutes like that in any case.

We’ve actually played significant time in 4231 with Salah as the 1. He has one of the best scoring rates the Premier League has seen. If you limit it to games he has spent at CF ignoring his time at RF he has actually got the best scoring record in Premier League history. Almost no penalties or free kicks in those games too unlike the other players close to the top of it. You called the most prolific CF of the last 30 years useless at being a CF. It struck me as funny.

1 Like

Where’s the stats?
What’s significant in your opinion?
Most of the time we play 433 with Salah as inside forward!

1 Like

Was about to post the same.

Not the first time @AnfieldRdDreamer wrote we very often played with a 4-2-3-1.

We all watch all the games but can only remember very few games we did not played with THE 4-3-3.

Maybe he can write down a list.

Always like him and truly hope that we will welcome him again when he develops to be a terrific player.

2 Likes

In the league Salah has been the 1 in 4231 for 18 games and has 16 goals and 5 assists.

This includes his time at Chelsea and also all his games not just at CF where he has a better scoring rate than at RF;

So for you those 18 game are significant?
I mean compared to 248 or what ever it is. Also I contest the allocation of CF to him in some of those games.

1 Like

What do you mean significant? They’re 18 league games against various opposition scattered over 3 seasons. What are you looking for? He hasn’t only been wheeled out against a certain type of opposition. He’s played 111 league games for us 18 at CF most of the rest at RF. In those 18 he scored 16 and assisted 5. In the other 93 he scored 58 and assisted 26. I’m not sure what your point is or what you are trying to argue but your original point that he is useless at CF is an extremely bizarre opinion.

Oh! it’s a scattering now not a significant number. I mean if you don’t answer the questions than what do you expect. What did you start for?
What did you what to say in the first place?
It was you that said we had played a significant number of games in 4231 and I’m asking you if 18 games over 3 seasons against the likes of Bournmouth are significant particukarly as often we weren’t even playing 4231 in those games and Salah wasn’ ‘acting’ as a CF.
Watch him when he plays as CF he’s not even 1/2 the player he is as an inside forward. He just hasn’t developed enough areas of his game to be considered a CF on a regukar basis.

1 Like

Poor Rhian, no wonder he left. You know things aren’t going your way when not only you can’t get into the team as well as barely being able to get into your own thread.

14 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking

1 Like