Ex-player: Sadio MANÉ

From good sources as well?

2 Likes

We did get Thiago for 20 though.

And? we don’t have to make their errors, they chose to sell, we can choose to let him leave next year.

Selling some of the extras would achieve much the same. If they blow us out of the water, we aren’t a charity.

6 Likes

Difficult to say who is the ‘better’ player and difficult to compare.

Thiago was clearly more decorated but Sadio is a physical beast compared to Thiagos injury record.

Thiago was one year younger than Sadio is now.

It was also during the pandemic.

2 Likes

if Bayern choose to let Thiago go for £29M then thats up to them,

it doesnt mean we need to do them a favour and sell Mane for the same price.

anyway, Mane aint leaving us! ( I hope)

2 Likes

Gnabry has a year left on his contract too.

Swoop in, take Serge, keep Sadio. Fuck off Bayern.

7 Likes

And nothing , I was just making an observation.

I’m not sure why everyone’s getting their knickers in such a twist anyway. He said he’s going to give “the best answer you want to hear”. That doesn’t sound like someone who’s decided to leave.

Said the same Livvy. There is a lot of chatter in Germany. Doesn’t feel good.

That’s the catch. Everyone texting my phone saying Sadio is coming to Bayern I keep telling them to give me some legitimate source or stop talking.

EDIT: I just text my son and told him if this is true, please confirm to me there will be no “accidental” shirt leak like what was done with Phil before the deal was even done.

2 Likes

@Neukölln So it’s not coming from Falk or anyone else with Bayern connections?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any of it from a legitimate connected source, and no one seems able to produce it. Everyone keeps quoting that BILD or Kicker report, but having said that, literally everyone is talking about it.

And @Bekloppt said it perfectly, Bayern is such an arrogant lot that thinks they make anything so if they say it enough times.

6 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

What the fuck is a vibe?

Apart from shorthand for a vibrator. :thinking:

2 Likes

There is zero chance, zero, that he has anything agreed with BM or any other side. Zero chance he does anything like that before the end of the season, zero chance, let alone before the CL final. The news is that he is staying and/or has signed a new contract, 100%. It’s inconceivable that he says that, wins the CL and then puts everyone on a downer by saying goodbye, it’s laughable.

inconceivable, inconceivable, inconceivable.

The Princess Bride Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

In this sense of the word, and not in this sense of the word…

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

3 Likes

I will preface this with a statement that I love Mané, think he’s a fantastic person and footballer and I hope he announces a new contract with us after winning number 7.

Aside from that, I think he is the perfect example of the short term memory that pervades in football.

If you cared to look back, not even that far, you’d have found plenty of Liverpool fans including on this forum who had relevant concerns about our aging forward line and midfield, the simultaneous contract end dates etc.

If you also looked back, not even that far, you’d have found plenty of Liverpool fans including on this forum who a number of times felt that Mané should be sold, irrespective of his age, but because of his goal numbers and occasional habit of missing ‘absolute sitters’. Had you mooted to those people that this summer we would sell him and bring in a world class 25 year old South American, then there would probably have been a lot of happiness at this suggestion. Off the top of my head I can only think of ILLOK who’s never wavered, thought I’m sure there are others.

Fast forward to now, having brought in said player early and having the luxury of that extra top quality forward, having seen Mané’s upturn in form and mouthwatering potential at playing in the middle between Diaz and Salah, then of course from a fan and footballing point of view it looks folly to sell him, especially for such a low price.
But often in football these things are planned in advance. Perhaps when talking to Mané about a new contract he expressed interest in playing in a different league and wanting to leave, perhaps we saw an opportunity to begin that evolution of the team with a sale now and to bring in Diaz as his replacement, but then had to act even sooner after Spurs showed serious interest.

I am sure a lot more people would be a lot less bothered, Mané hadn’t markedly improved and if Bayern were offering £50m (If the prices being mentioned are true, I would hope them to be initial fees with a number of addons anyway) and then we had brought in Diaz and he had fitted in as perfectly as he did.

I don’t want to see Sadio go, but there was always going to be a time when the terrific trio were moved on. We were never going to just stick with all three into their mid-30s.

So IF this is the beginning of the end of that time, it will be both sad and happy, because we get to watch Jurgen build another dynamic forward line over the next few years and hopefully there will be endless arguments over which front 3 was better. Though hopefully the short term memory doesn’t stop us remembering just how class Mané has been during his time here.

6 Likes

Yeah I remember when Diaz joined and then I saw him I was like no worries even if Mane leaves but he has been good, if it’s 50m then perhaps maybe I jumped the gun not thinking, however with the trajectory it seems to go down 5m every hour so I become more dubious by the hour.

I think we are hearing what Bayern think, we are usually very shh on this maybe this is taking advantage of our silence.

1 Like

I hear what you are saying but I like the fact that we now have 5 top class forwards and Origi and Minamino as a backup. Origi is gone after today and if Mané leaves too we need reinforcements.

Can you give Klopp a call and tell him that … :joy:

1 Like

Oh I know I’m just trying to look on the sunny side.

Brilliant, just what we wanted to hear.

2 Likes

Could just tell, I reckon he’s proper fucked off the circus around Mo and his contract, especially since he’s been the one performing since the AFCON.

1 Like