Ex-player: Sadio MANÉ

I thank him for his service his many goals and excellent play and wish im all the best.

3 Likes

Goes to Bayern and picks up easy winners medals.
Don’t blame him. He’s got over 90 points 3 times and only 1 winners medal.
He sees city getting haaland and thinks it just got a lot harder.
Fill ya boots Sadio. Thanks for everything.

3 Likes

I would totally understand if Mane wants to have a new challenge or that we decide to sell him…but seriously anything 30mil Euros is way off his value even if it is only one year left on his contract. I guess maybe the reason why there have not been many talks about his contract renewal might be Mane already communicating way early to the club that he will not renew his contract either way? But I will be looking at at least 70-80mil Euros for a player of his quality, this guy is World Class. Thiago was world class but the season before he came here, he played only like 20 full games in the league for them in terms of minutes, so hardly a mainstay compared to Mane who is ever present, there is a different value there.

Hardly fucking special news

That’s all we need!! :frowning_face: :disappointed: I just want cry my eyes out. I am already depressed as it is, our team missing out on two trophies by the smallest of margins.

Is it true…or reportedly true…has he actually announced it…

5 Likes

Sounds like an era is about to end, very sad but also excited to see the next evolution of our front line.

1 Like

Where did that silly 30m euro figure come from.

I wouldn’t say confirmed news, but the news is definitely circulating on twitter from journalistic sources.
Why do i get the sinking feeling, it will happen?

This weekend just gets worse.

2 Likes

Special news? That’s a bit fucking disingenuous isn’t it. Special for who?

7 Likes

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Mo can go too. I’m at peace with it.

I was in the Mo thread weeks ago defending him blindly, however the more I think about this from a critical football perspective the more I’m ready for Klopp Era 2.0 to begin. Mo isn’t part of that.

3 Likes

Doubt Bayern would pay more than £40m for him.

Other clubs like Paris and Barca might than come in for him.

1 Like

Also, I shudder to think the club views Jota a 1:1 full time replacement for Sadio.

Who do we replace Mane and Salah with?

Jota is good, excellent rotation option, good squad player but don’t feel he’s quite good enough to be a first eleven player. Firmino similar.

1 Like

Agreed all around. I don’t have an answer right now but I’m confident the club does.

And no, Jota is not a Liverpool starting XI player. His form the last months shows why Wolves lost patience with him.

Get what you mean, Jota still seem to disappear from games at times unlike Mane and Salah even when having bad games still try to impose themselves. But Jota still scored 30+ plus goals in the last 2 seasons, and it will be too early to write him off as being able to step up full time…sometimes players do need to be thrown into the cauldron and be tested for their mettle. Of course its not ideal to do this all the time but I do think its not necessary a bad thing to sooner start the 2nd generation of a world class trio of Klopp’s Liverpool.

1 Like