Ex-player: Sadio MANÉ

…or was the interviewer from Bayern :thinking:

Yeah, me too. Time to revamp and re-energize our front line with a couple of younger, but experienced players.
We got Sadio’s replacement in January. I suppose Darwin Nunez would cost quite a bit, but he could be Mo’s replacement although that may mean tweaking the format up front a little. If Minamino is leaving then he would need to be replaced too, particularly with Divock going. So, we could start next season with Bobby, Jota, Diaz, Carvalho, and one or two others which could include Nunez.

2 Likes

Same as that.

I love Sadio (and Mo’s alright, as well), but with Klopp’s extension, there’s no better time to stop flirting with the inevitable, and just get stuck in.

4 Likes

It was actually the day I stopped kind of worrying about these two leaving when Klopp signed. It showed he was in it for a longer period and could potentially reshape us, I’ve said in the past it wouldn’t surprise me if he takes it up to 60, him and his wife have fallen in love with the area and the team.

About time we got on with it as you say. 6 years out of both of them is a good stint, used to be 2-3 years and then they’d want to move, nethier of these are steps up for the players but a step aside.

5 Likes

Klopp Mark 2. You’re all starting to convince me. (Also :cry:)

100% as sad as it will be to see Mane and Salah and Bobby all leave it is inevitable and tbh anyone who didn’t think one was leaving this summer was deluding themselves. There was no way we let them all run down their contracts at the same time, especially considering they are all around the same age. I personally thought it would be Bobby, but Mane it is, and as you say I have utmost confidence in the evolution of our attack with Klopp overseeing it.

Joyce saying Mane hasn’t informed the club he wants to leave yet but Liverpool would want at least 50 million euros.

3 Likes

I will miss our living, breathing, firecracker.

But as @Neukölln and few others have mentioned, it’s time for a rebuild. I don’t see it (Mane leaving) as an end but rather as a new beginning for both him and Liverpool.

1 Like

Maybe, just maybe… It is just a negotiation tactic from Sadio for better terms from LFC :+1:

Doubt that. He and his agent remained quiet last one year. If it’s a negotiation ploy, they could have done something earlier.

3 Likes

I’ve had the Sadio song stuck in my head all day.

Sad Am Fine GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

social media is evil. just plain evil stuff.

I’ve seen enough of this shit now, that until I see an actual press release or statement from either the player or the club I’m going to just ignore it. a bunch of ITK’s trying to get themselves rich by clickthrough revenue on bullshit stories.

6 Likes

I know, I thought The Athletic would have decent stuff but it’s all speculation and hearsay

It started out being pretty good, but subscriber numbers dropped pretty quickly after the free trial period when it first launched so has gone down the ad/clickbait route

4 Likes

Always thought 1 of the front 3 would leave this summer. Noise was more around Salah than Sadio, but with Diaz signed Sadie’s departure really just takes us back to where we were at the start of the season - maybe minus Origi who we struggled to find minutes for anyone.

Would very much expect a younger replacement to come in (unless we think Kaide is ready)

It did its job and was sold for half a billion to the NYT. Now it has to continue justifying that valuation with clicks and revenue. I have no doubt the quality content will continue but you just wont anymore be able to assume there will be a lot of click baity stuff and that quality can no longer be assumed because of the Athletic name on it.

2 Likes

:flushed: :exploding_head:

How much is TAN worth :thinking:

I’ll start the bidding at £1. :grinning:

For a second there I read it as “sold for 1M NFT” I was like ffs not this shite again :rofl:

I’ll lower you to 50p. I’m being generous given this site has some of my photos in it and @gasband’s portfolio.