Ex-player: Sadio MANÉ

With a name spelt like that you know she goin’ smell fruity…

1 Like

Like a plum … sandwich …

7 Likes
4 Likes

5 Games without a goal.

Well the whole Bayern team is underperforming in the league

Experimental honeymoon period well and truly over Sadio, time to come home.

No I’m kidding, he’s too good a player not to pick it back up eventually…Just look at Son.

Also why is Nagelsmann asking him to play as the main #9?

1 Like

Getting compared to Lewi is a bit harsh.

Yeah, it was always going to be interesting how Bayern go from Lewa to Mane up top. I’m still not convinced that Bayern XI makes total sense.

Because they lost their main striker last season, it was arguably where his best performances for us came last season, and they are absolutely stacked with alternatives in the wide positions.

5 Likes

I was going say, his up turn in form came from his move to the centre.

Definitely agree with this

Might be an unpopular opinion but I think his honeymoon period at the position is over. For the better part of two years until this January he was putting in performances that varied from startlingly poor on a few occasions to good, again on a few occasions. For the most part he was average compared to the Mane up until lockdown. He then got switched to that position, did it extremely well and all was forgot. A classic case of recency bias imho.

Now he’s hit a bit of a struggle in what should really be an easier league to pad the stats and I can’t really say I’m surprised, myself. That said, it shouldn’t take much for him to get going again as the standard of defending isn’t that great for the most part.

2 Likes

he hasnt scored for what? four games?, for a new club, new players, new country?

modern football, eh?..

5 Likes

Same shoes, different socks innit. Didn’t stop you expressing your concerns about Diaz.

Modern fans, eh?

*edit, yes… Nunez

1 Like

Find it hard to believe anyone had concerns about Diaz, he hit the ground running from the get go.

ahhh…

my concerns about Nunez aren’t about his stats though, or a barren run…its about his first touch and comfort on the ball.

Mane has that in spades with the track record to boot. his quality on the ball is not open for debate.

Nunez i’ve seen about three games of and he’s looked very uncomfortable in moments, ive mentioned it without sentencing him to the football gallows

hence why i have ‘concern’ over Nunez (not writing him off) and defend Mane.

in my mind the situations are different, if not worlds apart

1 Like

he meant Nunez.

2 Likes

Oh I see,

There really isn’t anything to be concerned with over Nunez, it all comes down to managing expectations with certain players. I’ve seen enough in his brief time here that he’s undoubtedly a quality player.

The way I see it is his sending off has sparked this black cloud over some peoples head which has over exaggerated their thinking.

1 Like

not a topic for here in the mane thread apart from to define my concerns as opposed to my defence of Mane, but for me it runs a bit deeper than the red card.

again, ive only seen three or four games, its not a judgement, more a comment…he looks a bit uncomfortable with his first touch… to put it in context though, i had concerns with Mo when he first signed as he was a tad wasteful and his first touch wasnt that great for his first few months (anyone saying it was, is using hindsight…he was genuinely a bit scruffy in his first few games)

so the context with Nunez isnt that im writing him off, its that ive seen a few red flags that make him look a bit ungainly.

i havent seen anything of Mane at Bayern(maybe a clip of that goals), but im comfrtable defending him over a four game non scoring streak.