Ex-player: Sadio MANÉ

Out of all the undeserved glorified Knobs going to the WC then this happens to one of the most decent human beings playing football that misses out… So unfair

Guess they could always put that statue of him on the team bus to confuse the opposition eh…! :0)
Cheer up Sadio…

12 Likes

Remind you of anyone? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Mane included in the Q22 squad.

3 Likes

This is exactly why I’m glad Columbia didn’t qualify as you know for a fact Diaz would be going.

2 Likes

So pleased for Sadio.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if he is just included for the ride Maria…
Not seen anywhere yet that he will be fit to play, but fingers crossed for him

5 Likes

Thing is if you think he could be available for some you’d take him as I am sure the alternative wouldn’t make many minutes.

5 Likes

Son going as well.

Looks like players are being picked whether or not they’re injured.

It’s always the way with “smaller” countries with just one or two star players.

It’s definitely been a contributing factor to Keïta’s injury woes, for example.

3 Likes

Yeah as I said above I’m glad Columbia didn’t make it.

We also have bigger squads this time around. No one really needs 26 players and the debate about which players might get the last spots and who missed out really turn into a debate about which player should be taken to never see a second of action. That reality opens the door to take players who are touch and go in a way that would have been too big a risk in years passed.

1 Like

If he’s not fit, he’ll be like Beckham and Brooking at the WC in 2010.

Or like Ronaldo when he went off in the final in 2016. :joy:

1 Like

Trevor Brooking was at the 2010 World Cup?

As a commentator… maybe :0)

I think that had already passed. I do remember him on the earlier MOTD coverage but all I remember was the “well Alan”.

2 Likes

Haha. He and Kegan were both injured in 82 but taken anyway and the constant pressure to throw them back into the side, despite the side doing very well without them, ultimately undermined the campaign.

2 Likes

On the bench I think. Like Beckham.

Gutted for him.

4 Likes

Get well soon Sadio.

Bet he is absolutely gutted