Ex-player: Sadio MANÉ

I know this happens at every world cup, but it definitely seems like a worse issue this time around. I’m not going to put the 3 minutes into doing it myself, but I’d love to see a breakdown of who is missing and how that compares to prior tournaments

He’s out for 3 months apparently.

Wishing him a speedy recovery, couldn’t have come at a worst time but I’m sure he’ll still play his part (just off the pitch).

Senegal haven’t called upon a replacement have they?

All this outpouring of genuine love and support from the fans of his former club only goes to show what kind of player and character he is. I’m really, really sad that he’ll miss this tournament as he worked so hard to get them there.

As a side note, it is a bit worrying that he’s another (former) Liverpool player who succumbed to injury after years of playing at top level. I don’t know the specifics of his injury, though, but I think his only significant absence due to fitness-related issues was caused in that Everton game in 2016 when he landed awkwardly on his ankle.

4 Likes

Normal enough for a player in his 30s who has covered the miles, and the sprints, that Sadio has. Don’t think it’s our fault.

Love the guy though. Def one of my favourite ever Liverpool players

2 Likes

It was a contact injury wasn’t it?

I really don’t know but I hope it won’t have a detrimental impact his career, even though he’s playing for Bayern.

I think it was a tendon injury. He had surgery to repair it snd will be out for a few weeks as far as i remember reading

1 Like

Lord, how I miss him… He was always great at simple things, including words. Some of club’s former players should take note.

12 Likes

Sadio has ‘hit’ Leroy Sane in the face after the loss last night according to reports.

2 Likes

Must’ve mistaken him for Upamecano.

Did they pick up the wrong shirts?

Bring him home!

3 Likes

Sounds serious.

Leroy had a busted lip and Sadio was picked up privately from Munich airport and did not take the bus with the team.

Or Ederson.

from what i´ve heard now, they´ve already met and talked.

1 Like

Whisper it but Mane might be an example of us selling a player at the right time and “letting his legs go on someone else’s pitch” that I’ve seen us get criticised for not doing enough (fairly).

7 Likes

Would have preferred his legs on our pitch this season!

2 Likes

Well, he wanted to go there for a lot of more money and reliable trophies etc.

I’m over it tbh, he made his bed.

5 Likes

Probably just a bit of Liverpool v city plastic banter.

1 Like