Ex-Player: Takumi MINAMINO

Elliot and Ox as well. If your dejavu is referring to the defensive injuries last season, I don’t think we are quite there yet. Our first choice forwards (if Jota is considered first choice now) are all still fit. And as far as we know the injuries sustained by Firmino and Minamino are not long term. Injuries happen, this feels normal and something we are prepared for.

1 Like

Fucks sake. Only Mane, Salah, Jota, Elliot, Ox and Origi left for the forward positions!!! WHAT NOW FSG!!!

2 Likes

I should have said: and so it begins …….

Should have signed back ups for our back ups. How hard would it be to just have every footballer signed up. Not only would that guarantee some depth but there would no one left for anyone else to own.

Simple. But FSG won’t bloody do it!

5 Likes

Well… three great options for three spots. I don’t think anyone wants to see Ox or origi get extended run in front three spots, and Elliott has looked good as a mid. I’d have liked to upgrade origi, but not sure injury to Minamino moves the needle.

But if all 3 of them get injured we will have to relay on someone who has been injury prone…

If we reach that level of injuries getting top 4 will be a challenge, let alone talk about the title. Basically last season again.

1 Like

We don’t even know what his knock is. All we know is he isn’t able or it isn’t good to risk him for the next game on Tuesday.

Same goes for Firmino, we know nothing about how bad his injury was, it was suggested it wasn’t too bad.

Until we know it might be best to hold off on the “world is falling apart” type posts. One hasn’t even been playing and the other spent the first two on the bench.

Elliott will no doubt fill in further forward at times because he will need to especially in January. I assume the club isn’t concerned with Salah not being there for this Arab cup or he isn’t going.

1 Like

Maybe we should stop panic whenever one of our players gets a slight injury.

We have a big squad and it’s the start of the season.

3 Likes

This game will do a world of good to his confidence. Nifty little fella :partying_face:

6 Likes

Gotta be in consideration, off the bench when we are searching for a goal. Would love to see his conversion ratio

1 Like

It’s not saying much because he’s been underwhelming since he arrived but I thought it was one of his best performances for us. He did well in midfield. It was good to see him involved more as he’s so often on the periphery of games. He took his goals really well. The second in particular was a difficult finish made to look easy.

1 Like

Love Taki so much. The little engine that could. His goals are always the scruffiest but they all count the same. They don’t draw pictures in the score column.

4 Likes

Played 59 minutes for Japan but beaten 1-0 by Saudi Arabia in World Cup qualifier today.

1 Like

Minamino with an assist against Australia. Looking at my livescore app, seems like he’s playing in the left half space.

Preston start for sure.

1 Like

Takumi Minamino averages a goal every 59 minutes this season. That’s a better minutes-to-goal ratio than Mohamed Salah

3 Likes

He should be asking for the 500k contract

1 Like

¥ :thinking:

Sorry. I really like him and want him to do well, but he’s rubbish.