Expectations for the season

Tottenham at 02h00 in the morning, Klopp is going to be well pissed at that one :wink:

4 Likes

The thing I noticed was that the players trust him. They were happy to use him as a sweeper in the same way as Alisson. And he was very comfortable with his feet.

Looks like he’ll start against Wolves. Deserves to.

5 Likes

Yeah I was watching him a fair bit, he should probably have come for one or two but his saves were top draw and his feet and the trust he had with the back line reassured me.

Also think by the end he had grown into it. I would say he made one mistake but even then he did the right thing by pushing the ball wide.

1 Like

Think I read somewhere that Kelleher started out as a midfielder…

1 Like

Lack of ambition??

1 Like

Lack of quality.

I thought he was really good against us. We shouldn’t forget that Ajax are absolutely wide open at the back.

Of the three links I’ve seen, I’d take him before Upamecano or Kabak.

2 Likes

Top 4 finish.

1 Like

The nightmare injury run has left us qualified for CL last 16 with a game in hand, and joint top of the league.

We can look forward to the players getting a proper rest over the next two weeks, and then when the fixturegeddon starts against we should have a few lads back.

2 Likes

I don’t see this getting better. Maybe the vaccine can change things though.

We should have been beyond reach like last season by this point in a normal season. But the injuries,covid,fatigue etc , not that other teams aren’t facing it… not to mention the fucked umpiring.

I’m not optimistic at this point, You can’t expect people to not break down in a season like this one.

1 Like

At this point, It seems that the only way the lads can get a break (If they arent injured) is to get Covid. That’s fucked,

1 Like

:joy:

Man, your Cricket ghost has followed you here as well.

:blush:

3 Likes

Champions.

The point is well made that we have had a lot of bad luck with injuries, and the authorities seem to be coming at us, with VAR overturns aplenty, and clearly four points robbed so far.

All this will succeed in doing is closing the gap, so I expect it to be bunched up at the top in a close title race.

We will still manage to get enough quality in the pitch to be in the race, and then our mentality will be the decisive factor. Champions.

1 Like

One week I think we’ll struggle to make the top four, the next we look odds on for the double. This season is a roller coaster and impossible to predict.

3 Likes

Still on for the double lads. We aren’t here making up the numbers, even with the injuries this is one of the best side in the world.

3 Likes

I mugged off the cup a long time ago.

1 Like

One of Ireland’s most talented 14 year old strikers in the Ireland education setup. Then moved to midfield then moved into the keeper position where he got back into the Ireland setup even after the position change. I would think only one of professional footballers to change positions at such a high level as drastically.

3 Likes

I think we’re getting a real lift from the fans being back, and it’s good to know that even just 2,000 can have a positive impact. Not sure what it means as far as changing expectations for the season, but I think it will help. Looking back at 2020, though, the ESPN FC 100 is pretty impressive…according to this, we have the world’s best CB, RB, LB, winger, and manager. And GK at #2 by virtue of a tie-breaker!

2 Likes

On course for 79 points atm. Not sure if that would be enough to win the league.

16 points in our first 7 games = 2,28 per game
9 points in our last 5 = 1,8 per game.

So probably won’t even reach the 79.

Pretty sure the reason for the decline are the injuries and fatigue.

Just 7 points won in our 6 away games. That’s not enough to win the league. Our last and only win away from home was matchday 2 against 10men Chelsea.

What gives me hope is that every team will have games every 3 days.

What worries me most is that atm each game one player returns from injury and two more get injured.

2 Likes

We’ll be lucky to avoid relegation, if some of the crybabies both on this forum and elsewhere are to be believed.

5 Likes