FA Cup 2021-22... Hope we are up for the cup this season...forlorn hope?

I agree to be honest. This is an opportunity to reach a semi final, best to give it a real go.

1 Like

This will be the last match before the NT break so Klopp will definitely field his strongest XI from the available pool.

Precisely because this is the last match before the NT break, Klopp will leave certain players out. During the NT break, Salah and Mane play each other for the World Cup spot in what will be two very hard playoff matches (possibly with extra time as well). Robbo and Jota are also involved in the World Cup playoffs (likely two matches for both, with potentially two extra times). Diaz still has a small chance of qualifying to Qatar with Colombia. Although Brazil is qualified already, Fabinho and Becker will probably play in competitive matches as well.

Considering our congested schedule in April directly after the NT playoff matches (if we progress in the CL and the FA cup), this might be the last opportunity to rest some of our key players before the end of the season. So while we will go stronger than in the previous rounds, I still don’t see the likes of Salah or Robbo starting.

Managers of those countries don’t give a fuck about the interest of the clubs, I hope Klopp does the same. Play a proper team, smash them and open a 6-pack … :wink:

Forest fans thinking they’ve got a chance against us cause they did a number on Leicester…Nice , bring them on.

1 Like

Almost wish Everton go through against Crystal Palace in the FA cup and further destroy their chances of survival.

1 Like

Well the NT managers might not care whether the players will be able to play for the club in April and May, but we certainly do. This is why Klopp shall definitely consider resting them in the FA cup tie - because it is in our interest the players are not played into the ground or injured by mid-April.

Klopp has been rotating the squad and he will continue to do so to manage the mins and keep the players fresh.

1 Like

Missing one game is hardly going be an issue when they go gun for leather 3 days later.

Sorry but we rotate we don’t throw the game. Anyhow by that point we might have fucked up in the league so would be a mute point.

Moot point.

Apologies I suffer from Dyslexia, I do try my best mind.

1 Like

Why would it? :thinking:

Surely it would have exactly the opposite effect by raising team morale…

1 Like

Extra matches , Extra scope for injuries etc etc. They’ll have a fucked dilemma of choosing players to rest for the league matches to prioritize the cup… That’ll make them lose both

1 Like

Remember the mid 80’s, it was an FA cup replay, away to Oxford Utd I think, which started Everton’s period of success. I think Adrian Heath scored the winner, they were pretty rubbish before that game.

One extra match … really? I think they could cope with that somehow :wink:

Winning matches is a habit and as @WooltonRed says it could spark the recovery… Fergie kept his job after a win in an FA Cup tie and we know how that turned out…

1 Like

Which will have an effect on two other premier league matches (both before and after).

This team has Fwank and Prickford. There’s absolutely no chance of that happening.

No thank you. Don’t want the risk of having to play them any more than is strictly necessary.

2 Likes

I thought that Chelsea was supposed to remove the “3” sponsor from their kit?

1 Like

Thought so too…but they do what they want…

1 Like