FA Cup 2021-22... Hope we are up for the cup this season...forlorn hope?

Remember a certain 1990 semi :wink: it can happen

2 Likes

I watched today’s game with my Palace-supporting mate and he is dreading facing us in the final.

3 Likes

Are Chelsea still playing a back 4, or have they returned to using their back 3 system?

I am delighted to be able to say it wasn’t a forlorn hope. We were up for the cup after all…and for those posters who have said season after season that they weren’t interested in the FA Cup and also the League Cup…take a look at the joy on the faces of those fans at Wembley today. Those are the occasions that live in the memory…not the 3 points we got against Brighton that wet February afternoon.

8 Likes

I am one of those fans who was never that arsed about the cups, mostly the league cup, but I’d be lying if I said was was disappointed with going out of the FA cup in previous seasons.

Happy to look a cunt this season though, I feel there’s some truth to the notion that winning the league cup can spur you on to better performances in the latter parts of the season. We went on a great run after the league cup win, and here we are within a ball hair of winning everything. It’s a fucking fantastic time to be a red.

2 Likes

Chelsea have won the last 9 games (all league games) against Palace.

But Palace should not be written off.

4 Likes

Palace is so unpredictable (or is it inconsistent!).

1 Like

I don’t know if that is a wide held view, I’ve never thought it was. I always like seeing us do well in the domestic cups - however, I think this is the first season for a long while where we have had the squad to compete for them in addition to the league and Europa/CL runs which are our priority.

3 Likes

I’d love Palace to make it to the final because
1, I hate Chelsea (obvs)
2, I want revenge for that fucking semi final

4 Likes

Never that bothered with the league cup but the FA Cup still holds something special for me.

3 Likes

Anyone watching Palace Chelsea?

Kovacic done, RLC coming on.

Surprised not Kante.

Mmmmmm its so boring…no crowd…no atmosphere…love to know crowd attendance today…

Dracula’s on form…blowing a gasket…
Sit down ya plank…

1 Like

Bad bad bad bad dive by Havertz.

2 Likes

Cheat…cheat…cheat…

1 Like

Haahaa, Yellow card matching the kit.

1 Like

And that little shit Azpilicueta is the first to complain about the yellow card. One of the most unpleasant players in the League

5 Likes

This is a shit game compared to ours yesterday.

4 Likes