FA Cup 2023-24..Well I still love it

It is First Round weekend and it is still my favourite competition… great personal memories of Wembley trips and cup final wins…

Who said there is no romance left? Look at this tie. Charlton Athletic play their local non league neighbours … Cray Valley Paper Mills. Live on the BBC tomorrow evening.

My local team, the mighty Marine AFC, are there again, playing Harrogate Town. Remember Jose Mourinho sitting on that garden chair a few seasons back :laughing:

Good luck to all the postmen, binmen, teachers etc taking part this weekend and living the dream.

10 Likes

How many rounds until we get involved?

3rd round (proper). So 2 rounds from now.

1 Like

Our involvement starts in early January.

1 Like

I know. It’s two rounds of FA Cup and both League Cup semi final legs in January.

Usually I look forward to it as I believe we have the squad to go all the way but then the December fixtures fuck us up with injuries.

1 Like

Horsham pushing Barnsley all the way was nice

2 Likes

I think Jurgen knows if he is to get these young lads used to winning/losing Cup finals, like the domestic cups for example… it is a way for them to cut their teeth in readiness for the pressures that go with the CL finals and the like… Winning competitions becomes infectious, bring the Carabo, and the FA Cups home this season… Bring home the CL next :0)

1 Like

Marine lost 5-1 at home and Tranmere out too losing 4-3 at Stevenage…oh well.

Tranmere are next to bottom in League Two so plenty of work for them to do there.

3 Likes

That didn’t work last time we won the cups, did it?

Losing the Europa Cup Final will have been a massive learning curve for a lot in that squad

Portsmouth playing in the first round of FA Cup. I didn’t realize they have fallen that far.

They lost today but are currently top of League One…I have a soft spot for them as I lived there for 3 years and often went to Fratton Park.

2 Likes

Some tasty replays at least this international break.

1 Like

Including Cray Valley Paper Mills at home to Charlton tomorrow evening after a well earned draw at The Valley.

Their home ground is The Badgers Sports Ground which includes a 100-seater stand on one side of the pitch and a small covered area on the other.

Should be a fun night.

2 Likes

My favourite name from this recent FA Cup draw.

Horsham meet Barnsley tonight

FA Cup should scrap the replay thing.

It is valuable revenue for the small clubs plus a reward for getting a draw against a bigger club.

1 Like

Not this week it shouldn’t.

Otherwise it would be shit EFL Trophy matches.

Have to feel sorry for the ITV. Live coverage of Horsham game, hoping for giant killing act, and after 10 minutes they are 2-0 down. Audience rapidly changing channel.

1 Like

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

1 Like