FA Cup 2023-24..Well I still love it

Like the FA cup,usually springs a few surprises,some have gone a fair way.
Can be a decent payday for the small clubs too,always a plus!

I really have no issue with replays in it to be fair.

You piss around there is always a chance, always felt more connected it to than the league cup which is nice to win but can’t compensate for a win in this.

It’s why I was glad we won the FA Cup in that challenge for all 4.

2 Likes

Looks like Horsham are going to the second round after all

Barnsley can appeal, but the Tykes said they had accepted the decision.

A certain club across Stanley Park could take lessons from Barnsley.

2 Likes

The draw for the third round will be held on Sunday 3rd December and shown live on ITV during their build-up coverage of the tie between Eastleigh and Reading, shortly before one o’clock.

Matches will take place over the first weekend of January.

3 Likes

Away to Arsenal it is.
Sunderland v Newcastle
Palace Everton
Wigan Utd
City Huddlesfield
Spurs Burnley
Chelsea Preston
Brentford Wolves
Who cares about the rest.

Sounds about right this…do we always get Arsenal or Chelsea in the cups? It feels like we always get Arsenal or Chelsea in the cups.

1 Like

Biggest tie is ours v Arsenal away. No other all PL ties. Tough luck getting these in the draw give our other fixtures.

We’ve had that one a few times. Ah well not that bothered.

1 Like

Well apart from Palace Everton, Spurs Burnley and Brentford Wolves.

Thatll learn me for listening to the wife :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Arsenal away whilst City get fucking Huddersfield at home.

FMD

It is the sixth time the Reds will face a top-flight team in the third round across the last seven seasons.

Just needs to be a 1230 sat kick off and we have it all

1 Like

Like someone said, the best way to do the domestic cups is to either drop out at the earliest possible stage or win it. We might actually do the former this season given the draw. To add to that, I’m not at all angry that Manchester club got easy opponents.

1 Like

Considering we potentially are favourites to make the semi finals of the league cup coupled with the fact Salah will be away at the AFCON I’ll take it for what it is. Win and great, lose and so be it.

If we don’t make the semi final of the league cup then I might change my mind but yeah, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t win but it’s not the end of the world.

2 Likes

At least they’re consistent.

Probably will likely be B side v B side but given we’ve got a winter break this season we may be able to field a few first teamers, plus a few of the new signings we’ll be making on NYD.

Anyhow Eastleigh caused a bit of a shock knocking out Reading late on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67579466

So the season that City look to have multiple title challengers they get a home draw vs Huddersfield whilst their 2 title rivals play each other.

How anyone can question the legitimacy and honesty of football in UK is amazing. Nothing too see here.

Does anyone really believe these draws are completely random? They always make sure there is at least one “interesting” game otherwise the TV companies will be annoyed.

Years ago it was suggested that two numbered balls selected, were put in a fridge for an hour or two before they went into the bag…! Made it easy to pick them out then