Fabinho (DM) to Al-Ittihad

Are Jib Jab and Jabu the same person?

First the dodos died, then Di and Dode died. I’m really worried about Dido.

Disagree entirely with this. This is a country which has been single handedly responsible for

a) funding uber right wing islamism across the world(from wahabbism to what not)
b) insistent on having sharia law enforced
c) funding mosques which were directly responsible to having radicalists produced
d) funding militants with the help of USA for Al Qaida (which OBL was a founder, but let’s not digress)
e) beheading LBTQ persons
f) beheading reporters/journalists like Kashoggi
g) destabilizing countries across the world

Yep , They’ve got nothing to hide. Absolutely nothing. I’m pretty sure that people here can fill up the points I) to Z) and you’ll still have no reason to say that their sports attempt isn’t whitewashing.

6 Likes

And if people think that PR isn’t an element of good business or of whitewashing ?

4 Likes

Yeah, no one is spending 700k on Hendo on the basis of it being a good business decision, unless that business decision is a loss leader intended to buy goodwill and intertwining yourself so completely in the society of other countries that they are forced to deal with you. When you use sports for that purpose, that is sportswashing.

10 Likes

I just put this in the Henderson thread but the same discussion applies here i think:

There is nowhere else to put this point but maybe the mods can point me in the right direction, but S.A are going hard now on recruitment i see on sky sports they are offering Marco silva 40 mill a year for 2 years! Who would realistically turn that down? They are obviously scooping up all of the older world stars but i feel that was the start of their project, they will become a serious threat to premier league/European football at this rate, we have had false dawns before i.e China offering buckets of money beforehand but this certainty feels more prominent and real, my question is: we was all against the european super league but the way this is going maybe a form of that would soon be needed to save the european competition, i say this because I at first thought well if any player has any ambition they would want to compete in the champions league, but i am starting to doubt this now due to the vast amounts of money S A are offering to throw at this and how aggressively they are doing it.

1 Like

No one has said that the Saudis haven’t done terrible things. My point is that their investment in sports isn’t designed to hide any of that. It’s for economic and business reasons.

The proof for my point is seen directly in the commentary associated with the players who have signed abroad. No one is overlooking their horrific human rights history. If anything, the signings have only highlighted it. But they move forward anyway, as their is a clear economic incentive for them to diversify their business holdings.

It’s the cost of trying to rapidly develop a sports industry. The same was seen in the US with the MLS, where the clubs pay extraordinary sums for players well beyond their primes. They do so to try to attract interest to their clubs for the purposes of expanding the sport, attracting investors, and raising the valuation of their league. Yet no one accuses the US of sportswashing.

No one is going to have greater goodwill for the Saudi government as a result of Jordan Henderson playing for Al-Ettifaq. And the intermingling of business interests with foreign investment only enhances their stability and viability.

1 Like

Start a ‘What happened to Dido’ thread.

1 Like

ditto

1 Like

Depends on the Dido. Aeneas fucked over one. The other just wanted to thank you but waved a white flag and started living her life for rent.

You forgot the one who made a fortune out of test and trace.

1 Like

More worried about dildo.

Where is the football?

Ps
I am drunk

1 Like

there all at it, so lets give them all a free pass eh?

4 Likes

A crack in oil prices like what happened during Corona and none of the footballers will get paid. There is also a risk associated with this for players.

1 Like

No, but I don’t see anyone criticizing foreign players for signing with clubs in the UK or USA, do you?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/IttiMania/status/1682123032217698305?t=rGcASlIu6vi0OfZZ4R296Q&s=19

Yeah good luck trying to enforce a contract with those Saudi scum. The only thing they understand is a rolled up carpet

1 Like

What’s that tweet about ? Why is Fabinho pictured wearing a Liverpool Jersey ?

1 Like

#Exclusive: The Vice President of the #Union, ‘Ahmed Kaaki’, arrived in London shortly.

Exclusive: Brazilian Fabinho, player of #Liverpool club, is on the radar of #Al-Ittihad club.