Fabinho (DM) to Al-Ittihad

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1679424968856150016

Jesus! Whatever next?

You spelled his name wrong in the excitement :wink:

Cant see us losing Fab and Hendo in same summer

2 Likes

Couldn’t see any of it a couple of days ago.
This time next week we’ll be left with a couple of 17 year olds.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Bekloppt! :joy:

I wrote once that as long as a player is a client of Mendes, he’ll never be short of options. I’d take this in a heartbeat, to be honest. Yes, we are facing entering a season with a rejuvenated but also a very young team but I’d take youthful zeal and inexperience over experience without energy.

Our midfield looked very lethargic last season and Fabinho was one of the main reasons. I don’t know what happens now but I think we should take this offer and bring in a replacement immediately. That said, I hope that a replacement is of a much higher level - you look at Rodri, Rice or Casemiro and you see just how far behind our side is lagging in a crucial role.

3 Likes

Ok, but it means finding a high quality replacement in the next week or so. Is Lavia really ready to step up?

3 Likes

Lavia and Tchouameni in please :eyes:

5 Likes

Make that 50m and we’ve got a deal.

If they didn’t have a list already drawn up, I’d be very, very disappointed by people in charge of transfers. I mean, experts are saying that Lavia isn’t ready but has huge potential - ideally, I’d like to have someone who is closer to what Rodri was when Man City bought him. Henderson and Fabinho both leaving (theoretically) could open a spot for two midfielders, maybe one who’s more ready and one like Lavia.

Barella , Lavia would make for good additions.

We’ll be sorted with the midfield if Thiago stays for this season.

Not convinced that Tchouameni is realistic (see what I did there?).

Lavia (bless him) would be asked to become the main DM for Liverpool. Quite a responsibility for a 19 year old.

F*ck me, this is a lottery if it goes through.

I was wondering almost half a season if we could even find a buyer (from Europe) for Fabinho, let alone potentially getting £40m.

But we’ll see what we’re left with if this all goes through and if we have enough balance between youth and experience.

4 Likes

Putting aside the ethical issues, because it’s exhausting to discuss it in every single thread, selling Fabinho and Henderson for these sums is a no brainer.

7 Likes

No-brainer we should do it, or no-brainer we shouldn’t?

My brain hurts after all these whirlwind transfer rumours!

1 Like

Should. Neither are very good at football anymore.

4 Likes

80-100 million for Fab/Hendo/Thiago will be great. Replacement Lavia/ Sofyan Amrabat and Thuram/Veiga

1 Like

Anyone who offers us £40m for Fabinho is barmy. We’d be even barmier to refuse.

3 Likes

No. Just, no.

1 Like

I agree, but you never know on here. You get a lot of illogical statements, and not only from me.

Looks like only this is the only club in Saudi which pays a transfer fee. May be if Hendo wants to leave,we should negotiate say a 70 million pound deal for both.