Fabinho (DM) to Al-Ittihad

Fab still has a relatively long contract. I also believe he isn’t washed up as some believe, but I’d also be alright with him going if we bring in genuine quality.

Can see this happening more than Hendo happening.

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking all the time with the rurmours around Hendo and a little bit around Thiago. Thinking, dear me, if we are stuck with Fabinho for almost the rest of his 3 years he has on his contract with us and he doesn’t improve seriously.

But I don’t know if it’s clever to remain with Lavia (if it happens) as our only #6. What else would we have there, Trent, maybe Thiago, maybe Jones. Suddenly we’d be left too offensive on paper.

When and more importantly if it comes I’ll let Klopp worry about that … :sunglasses:

Ethics aside (not that they aren’t important), while we might not be unhappy to receive a good fee for a less favoured player. the problem is where this leads.

Today’s opportune £40m for Fabinho today is a slippery slope to not being able to retain our top players in the future because we can’t offer competitive wages, and why should we expect anyone to come here for £200k a week when they can get £700k a week playing in the sunshine.

While the saudi league may be a joke now, the more names they manage to sign, the less and less that becomes true.

What’s happening now is just the same as when City bought Robinho.

6 Likes

Which is why it’s important for players to show some integrity.

Fat chance, I know.

6 Likes

Finally getting the ball rolling. Sell sell sell sell!!!

Then Thiago Gomez next. Phillips Sepp possibly Kelleher to complete the overhaul. Use the money to complete the rebuild.

Onwards and up!

Maybe that’s what Klopp means by sometimes taking a little bit more risk in the transfers? :smiley:

I dont think thats really new. I would be more concerned at whether we can sufficiently replace those leaving.

The precedence this sets is very important. What if they come with an offer for Alli btw.

2 Likes

If we sell Ali at any price to anyone I’m giving up on football.

4 Likes

For me Fab is the one I would sell and the one to replace, but Hendo’s better games have been as a 6

What precedence, it’s already happened - the only perhaps new aspect here is potentially about it happening on a bigger scale and having to then fight European clubs for the replacements.

For much of the period since the 80’s we’ve had that with Italian and Spanish clubs.

1 Like

And let’s not forget that the Premier League has used its financial muscle to attract many of the best players and managers in the world to our shores over the last thirty years.

Now everyone is up in arms because the boot is on the other foot.

4 Likes

We won’t play with a 6, it’ll be Trent and Mac Allister in the deep midfield roles. Lavia isn’t a pure 6, more like a defensive minded 8.

Anyway, my stance is the same as it was in the Henderson thread - I don’t want us dealing with Saudi Arabia.

4 Likes

That was regularly a long time ago, 16/17 and 17/18. Since then, when he was needed again in the single #6 role, he had good and bad games. The last one he had there Leicester at home (shortly after the WC) I think, and that didn’t look good.

Of course, generally it depends how much time we use which structure in midfield.

No doubt that if we’re ready to sell both Henderson and Fabinho, only Lavia and Bajcetic might not be enough.

He looked better than Fab, who had a very poor season

1 Like

Yes, but he played 6 out of his 43 games last season as the #6.

Is there one of these out the front of Anfield at the moment or something?

2 Likes

I can see us only selling one.

Hopefully we are basically just a price away from these other clubs.

I’m concerned now, not in losing these guys, especially Fabinho but have we got ready made deals.

2 Likes