Fabinho (DM) to Al-Ittihad

My mum and dad lived in Spain for a while and the facebook group of their English-speaking estate was always full of “just saw some foreigners driving round, make sure your doors are locked”.

By foreigners they meant people who look Spanish (or black).

2 Likes

For Indians, it is often used interchangeably. But the term expat is used more for white collar IT employees who’ve gone to another country for work related reasons. Migrants is generally an overarching term but is generally used for blue collar employees and is possibly a more negative term.

The term “migrant indian labour” is used for blue collar and labour oriented jobs.

1 Like

Shit this. Feels like we’re waiting for this to happen to make our next move. Not for the money but because we don’t want to replace him and risk the deal falling through. But boy is this dragging and it’s impacting our season preparations now.

It’s also incredibly frustrating because we aren’t getting that offer from anyone else and I think we realise now is the right time to let him go. Makes it real tricky to play hardball with them as we don’t want it to fall through but there’s got to be a conclusion in the next day or two or we surely start thinking about pulling out.

We can’t keep letting it drag, stopping us from moving forward with our plans. He’s already missed both pre-season tours and so has whoever is coming in to replace him.

1 Like

Or maybe the drip feed from the likes of Fabrizo Romano make it sound more draining than a usual deal.

1 Like

One of the comments in the recent Athletic piece about the Hendo move was everyone being taken aback by the degree of bureaucracy that had to worked through the finalize that deal even on one that had been comfortably reached in principal.

3 Likes

Only see his tweets in here but we’re coming up on three weeks now. We’ve seen these Saudi moves can happen quicker than those we’ve been involved with.

There has to be a point where we either pull the plug and reintegrate him or we just accept that whoever’s coming in to replace him is going to need time to get up to speed and isn’t going to be a major contributor in the early weeks.

Just annoying how disruptive it all is. If it’s happening then stop dragging it out and let everyone move on.

1 Like

They’ve acted rather glacial in what I’ve seen a lot of fluttering of eyebrows and a bid sometime a fortnight or three later.

Im the new guru on the forum, @Sweeting, step aside…So earlier today i said, we will probably hear something from saudi about the transfer since their work week starts on Sunday…My sources out of Jeddah are reporting this deal as done…Will post more updates as i get more information from my sources (I do that right?)??

anyway it does look like its done as sports sites in Saudi are reporting it…

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1685696139855646720?s=20

Might be his best update yet. Literally saying nothing :joy:

2 Likes

exactly…

I thought he said “here we go” when deals were done?

Now he just trots it out.

Still looking for a pen to sign the paperwork.

The pen has been scouted and signed up.
Now waiting to be loaded onto Federal Slothpress.

1 Like

So if he goes there should be one more incoming transfer, you would think? Where theres smoke, there’s fire in the Lavia rumors? We got young, really quick this summer.

Nah, it’s all bullshit rumours.

1 Like

Reckon klopp should make him captain asap and chuck another £10 million on the price they ain’t paying :grimacing:

Where was the additional bureaucracy coming from, was it our end or the buying club and what in particular was prompting it?

Was it having to pay for a player?

This and the need for some posters to bleat about lack of fresh news on a daily or intra daily basis make it a far more draining event than it used to feel like in the past, at least it does for me.

2 Likes

No idea, but presumably it is Saudi related. It cited a a reason the deal took a bit longer to complete even after having seemingly been agreed, which is why I raised it in this thread. This is copied from the relevant piece

1 Like