Fabio CARVALHO: 2022/23

Love the sound it makes hitting the net. Could watch that all day.

FƔbio Leandro Freitas Gouveia Carvalho :laughing:

What a name, what a talent :star_struck:

1 Like

Very anonymous today, not sure if it was the midfield 3 or if the occasion was a bit much for him.

Hope his injury isnā€™t anything too bad.

Yeah hopefully just a precaution.

it was a proper whack that came right on half time and then would have swollen up and stiffened during the break. Small potential for knee hyperextension, but it seems likely it was just a dead leg plus an opportunity to change things up.

Today was his least influential appearance, but I think a lot of that can be put down to those at either end of the pitch. It looked like a frustrating game for he and Elliott with the ball constantly bypassing them despite them offering some options.

1 Like

Thank goodness itā€™s just a dead leg but doubt heā€™ll be available midweek

Firmino on Carvalho: "Heā€™s a great player. I confess that I had watched some of his games before he came to Liverpool, so I was already impressed by the way he played.

ā€œHeā€™s a star, heā€™s a great player and now heā€™s also a very close friend. We are happy to have him here at Liverpool and I know he will help us a lot, with assists, goals and also his character on the pitch.ā€

#UncleBobby

5 Likes

Some of the close control yesterday was just brilliant. Another confident young lad whose trajectory upwards will be fun to watch.

2 Likes

He already reminds me of Coutinho.

1 Like

He needs to be stronger on the ball. Which surprises me a bit. Considering he played in the Championship, he should have been well prepared for the rough & tumble of Premier League.

But still, a young player going from 44 games (a little more than a full season) at Fulham straight to one of the worldā€™s best sides is quite a jump. Technically heā€™s sound. Klopp and Pep both said he needs to improve certain things (I think they were more aiming at off the ball and physically) and thatā€™s all just natural.

3 Likes

Struggled to really get involved for me since that late late winner, looked far better when coming off the bench.

That being heā€™s still shown glimpses of the type player he can be which is promising.

Not that itā€™s too important or that he will go to Qatar, but heā€™s included in Portugalā€™s provisional 55-man squad. Along with 16 other players with 0 caps so far.

With Jota ruled out, do you think he will be included at least as a backup? Although, I think the Portuguese team is loaded with attacking players.

Not a chance. What are you smoking. World Cup squad places donā€™t just get handed out like big issue leaflets through your letterbox Ifti lol come on.

Nah, they have enough proven senior forwards. In this position on the left, especially with the emergence of Leao.

55 players.

Edging their bets with injuries.

This Portuguese squad is seriously talented in almost all positions. Thereā€™s no way this current version of Carvalho gets in. Maybe in the future when he develops more

Has he given any indication of which way heā€™s going to go? I know I recently(ish) swapped back to portugal in the youth level, but tha can often just be a case of getting as many good opportunities as you can while the decision doesnt matter.