Fabio "FABINHO" TAVARES: 2020/21

Almost wouldn’t do mate, be there against Leicester.

1 Like

Noticed Hendo doing similar stuff, which is promising.

Also Thiago was there but it only showed him greeting Robbo on the steps but it seemed like he had been doing some Gym training.

2 Likes
11 Likes

Let’s not go too far too quickly.

I remember there was a time when Sakho was called one of (if not the) the best CB’s in the league when he played for us.

:joy:

2 Likes

Fabinho has a brain mind, I think playing at DM helps that.

3 Likes

Fab is one of my favorite players. Like Milner, he is so versatile and valuable for the squad.
7 Likes

Untouchable is a bit exaggerated, but yeah, I have no doubts he’s important to us and we’d like to prolong our contract with him. We’ll see how long and what wages. Good news if there’s an announcement soon.

2 Likes
2 Likes

There was a point against Wolves in the first half where he dived in against Adama and got beat, normally you get pissed at defenders for diving in there but Fabinho is so good at timing tackles I just sat there thinking ‘gee this Traore lad is fkn lightning to avoid those long gangly legs’. The last ditch tackle he made on Coady was ridiculous. Coady had enough time to pick out where he wanted to put it but Fab stretched out the go go gadget extensions and cleared to safety. I’ll be damned if there’s a better CB in the league atm (besides Matip).

6 Likes

Yeah, that first tackle on Traore was rushed, committed too early and with his wrong foot (or his better one, his right). Had a better one later on in a similar situation and his tackle on Coady was absolutely brilliant (though we should’ve played them offside in that one).

2 Likes

I thought the tackle on Traore was clever, he made it obvious he was going to slide in, it made Traore push it past him but wider, I also thought his thinking was, I won’t make it but I don’t want to try a slide tackle in the box. Did the best he could in the circumstances.

5 Likes

Agree. Smart not to tackle in the box unless absolutely necessary.

2 Likes

Nah, the tackle I’m talking about was outside the box, in the first half. Fabinho went in the tackle with the outside of his right foot (instead of waiting a little bit and/or going with his left) and Traore went past him. I think that’s when he put that dangerous, slightly overhit cross in. Afterwards, Fabinho had a similar 1v1 situation with someone else and dealt better with it, won the 1v1.

1 Like

Nah, sounds like we’re talking about the same attempted tackle.

1 Like

Fab was amazing against Spurs tonight. He’s so cool he hides in plain sight sometimes. What would his current market value be, purely as a CB?

4 Likes

One of the best CBs in the world.

5 Likes

… despite not being a CB. Crazy.

1 Like

At what stage does he stop being a player providing cover and is considered a proper CB choice? For me it was a while ago.

5 Likes

He’s becoming a better CB than a midfielder, if recent performances at both positions are to go by. Maybe the reason to sign Thiago and no fourth choice CB.

3 Likes

Who else ready to jump on my band wagon?

2 Likes