Fabio "FABINHO" TAVARES: 2022/23

Embarrassing article.

Feels like it was written by one of those kids who want a Ferrari.

Klopp will surely not move on his only injury free midfielder.

3 Likes

Mate they’re coming our of the woodworks like the house is on fire!

So that’s what David Davis has been doing since he fucked up Brexit.

Explains a lot.

1 Like

One more yellow would mean a 2 game suspension.

So the 2 games after forest :thinking:

1. wrong player/thread
  2. I dont understand the idea that the amount of games he’s getting is a surprise given the number of players we have. He is talented, but young and inexperienced. The only shock would be treating this lack of games this year as a reason to junk him off

But that conversation should be had here - Fabio CARVALHO: 2022/23 - #80 by Retro_Helix

1 Like

Sorry. Thanks for pointing it out @Limiescouse. My eyesight is not that great on small screen phone

1 Like

Doesn’t miss Westham

Interestingly didn’t have a single booking and only Neco had one.

1 Like

For me we need a replacement for Fab, he is just way too slow, we ain’t winning nothing with him as a 6 for the upcoming season

1 Like

Yep if he is our starting no.6 next season with Hendo as his backup we’ve not learnt a fucking thing. He can’t run ffs.

2 Likes

The new system has helped him tremendously but the weaknesses remain. We know he can’t cope with covering big open spaces, but he also can’t track runners or win second balls as often as he should. His play with the ball has undoubtedly stepped up though, he has looked more confident recently.

He’s improved enough that he isn’t a liabilty anymore, unlike in january when he couldn’t be trusted to play 10 minutes, but now he’s just another mediocre midfielder.

He and Henderson can count themselves lucky they’ll probably be in the squad next year, both have had absolutely rank awful seasons that wouldn’t have looked out of place across Stanley Park.

5 Likes

There are heaps of players that could play Fab’s role on the ball as you say it is mediocre, it is his defensive side of the game that has plummeted off the scale. The way we play we need an intelligent 6 that has recovery pace and can tackle, but he also needs to be able to progress us up the pitch as more and more teams will press us.

My only hope is Bajacetic

I think he will be around next season, and his form has really improved since his nightmare winter.

But he does need to be transitioned out of the side into a squad role.

The biggest problem I have, and it’s one that quite a few seem to suffer from, is the tendency to turn into smoke what there is a 50/50 to be won.

3 Likes

I lost it yesterday when he let Sulemana run past him for their third. At the very least, he ought to have brought him down. He’s committed so many fouls by being late all season, but this time he couldn’t be bothered to do even that and prevent a dangerous situation which ended up in a goal.

He needs to be phased out of the starting XI.

1 Like

There was certain improvement, together with the team, but individually from him it was nothing special. Not like par example Salah and Trent. We’ll see what happens with him this summer and with his position in the team/squad next season, if he’s still here.

If we are really interested in Barella i wonder could we include him in the deal. :frowning:

Klopp could find him in bed with his wife and would still only bench him for a week.

I said in another thread that its hard to earn Klopp’s trust but even harder to lose it and I stand by that.

Watching interviews with Gerrard where Klopp is nitpicking Jones’ performances, where he describes Diaz as “having things to work on”, how he hasn’t used Carvalho at all despite some good impacts early in the season and how he’s bombed Nunez out the team - its hard to be someone he really trusts.

On the flip side once you are trusted you can do practically anything on the pitch and he’ll stick with you. Fabinho has been shockingly bad for nearly 2 years, and the run of form 2 years ago was itself a small purple patch with another 6 months of bad form before that. Still gets picked every game, no competition signed - nothing to suggest his place is on danger. Similar story for Henderson while he wanted to give Milner another contract, who has been so bad over the past two years its hard to believe he really is a tee-totaller.

It should be hard to earn the trust of the manager, so I agree with that side of his management but I think sometimes he needs to be a bit more ruthless with the older members of the team. Fabinho is lucky to have a role here, nevermind a regular starter but I’ll be shocked and amazed if he isn’t in there next season being slow as fuck yet again.

3 Likes

Senora Rebeca wouldn’t be so forgiving.

I dunno if that trust has somewhat gone though with certain types.

I feel he only got back with in due to the fact he had no options.

If he had continued to look like he was I think Klopp might have plucked someone from the U21s.

After all for Klopp to evidently trust Bajectic as he did as you say says a lot.

2 Likes