FIFA - All that’s wrong with football

When was the award ceremony? 2010? Everyone with an ounce of realism knew then that FIFA was making a load of promises that wouldnt be kept and that at this point we would be exactly where we are now. The fact they rolled the awarding of the two tournaments into a single process, both of which were highly controversial and prone to giving sweeteners with money of dubious provenance, was the most transparent personal money grab imaginable.

2 Likes

Yep, a national FIFA delegate saying Qatar must deliver on the promises made up to the 2022 Cup is akin to OJ Simpson looking for the ‘real killer’

Completely agree with you, but these mean idiots still need to be called out, and if it is by a FIFA delegate (who didn’t vote for Qatar at the time btw) then so be it.

New CL format means two extra matches in the group stage and now this…

More and more games. I’m done with this shit.

1 Like

I’m sort of glad we have missed out on it to be honest.

I know it’s 50m but meh.

2 Likes

Totally agree with you. I’m not interested in the slightest to be honest.

1 Like

The players need another 32 team competition, at the end of a long season, like a hole in the head. It’s still an insult, that City and Chelsea have been chosen ahead of us though.

3 Likes

I get that…
But regarding the PL, Liverpool are the European elite. Everyone else is way below what Liverpool have produced in Europe, in all competitions.

The decision/criteria/qualifications is absolute nonsense.
Funnily enough, City and Chelsea are PL reps. Maybe they might ket Newcastle in as well?

Its bullshit and fuck them.

100%
And more succinctly than I expressed

1 Like

Bah, they make up the rules along their way. As said, I’m totally uninterested, because the one and only target for FIFA is to make more money with this new fake competition.

F.ck them indeed, and hopefully they’ll fail with that too.

2 Likes

Edit: I am the idiot, they’re not just using the club coefficient. :man_facepalming:

Really depends on who wins the CL this year. If it is not one of the previous 3 winners, and not a Spanish side, the last spot will go to a Spanish club.

A huge part of the support for this competition in UEFA is finding a way to close the gap on the PL. With two PL teams already in, the other associations all get a spot before the PL gets a 3rd.

Who?

Like they don’t care anyhow but why now? They’ve known it for at two years.

Uefa and Fifa rules banning clubs joining breakaway competitions like the European Super League are unlawful, the European Court of Justice has ruled.

It had been claimed by the ESL and its backers, A22, that Uefa and Fifa were breaking competition law by threatening to sanction clubs and players who joined the breakaway league.

A ruling on Thursday from Europe’s highest court found against the governing bodies.

yep… things are about to get very interesting

Yeah the oil clubs can fuck off to the Middle East

I wouldn’t want to be involved in anything they were.

2 Likes

What is the fucking point of this charade just held in KSA??

16 of 20 have been from Europe, the other 4 from Brazil.

3 Likes

They havent announced where the final in 2026 will be played yet, but MetLife stadium, the home of the NY Giants is considered favourite. The problem, it is not in NYC. It is not even in NY. Fuck, it’s not even in Jersey City, a cool urban environment right across the river with quick easy access into NYC. It’s in suburban East Rutherford. It would be a fucking travesty to host a world cup final in such a pointless place regardless of how good they think the stadium is.

1 Like

That would be this stadium, of course.

But what are a few ACL injuries when you buried 1000s of South Asian guest workers to get the infrastructure for the last one built?

1 Like