FIFA World Cup 2022: Qualification Stage

Take him off!

2 Likes

I was just thinking that I hope he stays healthy!

1 Like

Jota 2-0…

3 Likes

Malta 2 up in Slovakia, hah!

2 Likes

Please take him off now!

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

So why are Portugal wearing that shit kit?

1 Like

Don’t think Ireland are going to Qatar.
edit, fuck me, we are going to Qatar – next week – for a friendly – with Qatar.

1 Like

There actually never are! If this was, for example, a basketball game or Crvena Zvezda/Partizan game in Europe, the hall/stadium would be full to the last seat but it’s different with the national team. People just have no faith in them, it doesn’t even have much to do with players.

As for the goal, it was clear cut but it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. He threw away the armband and went straight for the dressing room in protest, imagine that. Portugal seem a man down with him in the team anyway. The combo of Jota, Fernandes and Bernardo Silva is lovely, it has to be said.

3 Likes

The football hate for Portugese from the Dutch is well known today it was obvious that the match officials joined in. Two offside goals that we’re allowed and a clear Ronaldo goal disallowed.

Well done Makkelie you … :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Seems Jota and Kabak have been rotated well so far, Gini for the Dutch however, I’m sure FDB has a grudge.

3 Likes

Republic of Ireland lost to Luxemburg :rofl:, at home :rofl:

1 Like

It’s not funny :no_mouth: Kenny is hopeless and they need to get rid.

1 Like

To be fair it was extremely close. I could only see on freeze frame that every millimetre of the ball appeared to be fully over the line so pretty nigh impossible for the linesman from 45 metres away to be absolutely sure. Shameful that there was no goal line technology though.

From one angle, it seemed like it was in. Then from another, it seemed really tight, like maybe a milimetre on the line. Then I saw another pic and it seemed like it was clearly in. Ronaldo’s reaction was really childish in the end. I understand the frustration, but to leave his team like that (even if it’s the last minute) and throw the armband away… what a drama queen.

It’s true though, difficult to accept that sometimes it will depend if there’s technology or not. From competition to competition and from stadium to stadium.

2 Likes

Looking bad atm for sure. Ireland don’t have any word beaters and it’s all about the manager making the most of what’s there. Kenny was a great club manager in Ireland, one ofthe most successful ever, and i was really hoping he could transfer it upwards to the national team.
Without trying to deflect from him, i really don’t know if the whole youth system is working either. The young players who are being fed into his team are not ready yet or up to it clearly.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, Spain trailing Georgia at HT :grin:

I don’t often watch Man City so is this usual for Foden, he is a good player but you’d think he was the second coming the way they go on.

2 Likes

As long as they don’t lose 5-0 to Qatar…

2 Likes