FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

big Virg looks a little pissy right now.

Netherlands hanging on

I think this is actually a blessing in disguise for Brazil. Neymar is a crap team player who doesn’t always play defence, and is quite happy to hang onto the ball with some unnecessary display of skill instead of playing at the pace this Brazil team is capable of. Leaving him out would be an enormous call, this takes care of that.

The Dutch have attempted zero shots at goal since the seventh minute, when they scored with their first and only attempt.

did Neymar get subbed off for injury in that game? missed a portion of it

Last ten minutes, I think. Hobbled off a bit but certainly didn’t look worrying at the time.

The Dutch defence has been busy keeping the score level.

2 Likes

Cool-headed side, these Ecuadorans. Do their business. Not a lot of drama.

These Ecuadorians are no mugs, very impressive.

2 Likes

The Dutch are looking quite shit, on the other hand the women speed skaters are awesome.

1 Like

These Dutch playing Total Yawnball.

Qatar out.

Qatar out I can see Ecuador going through here.

Don’t say that. I have them in my work sweepstake.

I expected more from the Dutch. The Ecuadorians showed conifidence and tenacity.

1 Like

Hopefully not to win it all. They’ll certainly get through.

The English and the Yanks are having a grand time wanking each other off in the buildup.

There’s Kane talking about his dream of becoming an NFL kicker after retirement.

Hope they both lose.

Missed the Wales match. Struggling to recall ever watching the U.S. play a full match since the 2014 cup. Have the sense Pulisic has yet to stamp his authority or influence into this squad in the same way Landon Donovan did twenty years ago, when he and Demarcus Beasley saw us into the quarters, still the high water mark of U.S. soccer, which surprises as we have many more players in the English and European leagues now.

We’ll see, but I suspect we won’t trouble the Lions. 3 - 0 is my guess. Maybe even 4 - 0.

1 Like

I have had so many texts and people reaching out over this game. An English man living in America, as the footy catches the national mood. Interesting position to be in.

I want England to win, and win well.

If they don’t, I’m going to go through the team, one by one, and explain why they were shit to anyone who will listen.

What’s going on with the USA kit? Did they fall out over who’s turn it was to do the washing?

1 Like