FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

What a mess Poland are.

Szszeny the only 1 that can come away with credit this tournament.

You have read my mind, I was going to post similar.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s about capability, it’s a scared/not being able to leave their culture behind and for others it maybe to do with not wanting to live a Western life. Basically religious reasons.

Same goes for UAE, Qatar etc.

1 Like

Yup makes sense, plus I think they are quite well paid so no reason to leave for money

Quality play by the Saudi’s then. Shouldv’e been 1-1. Opted for power over accuracy.

They’re all over 'em

Been impressed with that Kanno #23 lad in the middle of the park, looks an absolute mountain.

1 Like

Zero composure in front of goal.

Could be an explanation whey they have good athletes these days.

They live (more?) professional, but are now led and coached by more and more quality and knowledgeable people from other parts.

Also this WC in the middle of a season possibly allows other teams to get closer, if they are all in rhythm.

1 Like

Milik header off the bar.

2-0 would’ve been really flattering.

2 Likes

Saudi teams tend to do well in the Asian CL as well. Along with the factors mentioned, it makes sense why they prefer to stay in their own league.

& would money even be a factor for them coming over?

I don’t know how much Saudi born players get from playing in their own league or how it’d compare to what they would get in Europe.

Now Lewa hits the post with an audacious flick, really not happening for him.

Thought it was a flick anyway…looked like it came off his wrong foot.

The elusive entertaining match has broken out.

Poland at times hanging on for dear life. And might get away with it too given the lack of finishing

They have plenty of money there even if it doesn’t compare to PL wages. They were offering Ronaldo an insane contract in the summer.

How about now? He wants CL football. How about Asian CL?

Al-Hilal still after him according to Sky. If he wants to stay ahead of Messi’s career goal tally he should go. :rofl:

1 Like

Can’t be doing that.

Or maybe he just felt sorry for Lewa in World Cups.

Law of averages I guess. A ballon d’or winning striker can go only so long without scoring

This group very much the 1 that you could make a case for any 2 of 4 getting through still.

Oh Lewa :stuck_out_tongue: